cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge more for my plan.

Ralf1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why I am charged more 50% I have not changed my plan. 

4 REPLIES 4

aabasiry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They never do any changes to the client favour, do they? You always get less any pay more. Typical scenario here by eliminating the upfront discounts (loyalty, referral, autopay) and give you "points".. Sure!!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Now you pay FULL price. No more monthly credit for loyalty, etc. Only collect points to redeem to money.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Ralf1 

you were wondering where the autopay/loyalty discount/friend rewards gone?   PM has ended that old system and moved everyone to the new Public Points!!

So, now you have to pay full price first and PM will give you back points after.  Instead of loyalty rewards monthly, you get 10 points per year on your anniversary date with Public Mobile.  Instead of $2 autopay discount, you get 5% of your plan in points.  

And the points are useful to reduce the bill. After you got 15+ points, you will go to rewards site to redeem 15 points for $15 bill credit

But what plan you have now?  if $25 plan, they have the same plan for $19 now, you just need to login to change it

If you have the old $35 plan, they have a $29 plan that gives you more data and get you back the savings you had before

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Ralf1 

Starting in May, Public mobile has changed all legacy rewards customers over to the new points system.  Did you not receive the text or email from Public mobile that was send to all affected customers in March and April?

With the transition, you lost your $2/month autopay and up to $5/month loyalty rewards unfortunately. 

Here is the announcement:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

If you login into your self service account and your rewards section, you should see you referral points and a welcome 5 points.  Once you get 15 points, you can redeem for $15 credit.  Unfortunately, you will be charged plan amounts without the monthly discounts going forward.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.