cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from $40 to $15 plan

Rebel555666
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

EDIT - Added Screenshots of what I'm seeing.

Screenshot_20211004-140524~2.png

Screenshot_20211004-140543~2.png

So I changed my plan to renew on my renewal date (today) as the $15 plan instead of the $40 plan because I simply don't need so much data. My account says I have $5 ($3 loyalty, $2 auto-pay) so I owe $5.... Shouldn't I owe $10? Also, it currently says my account is suspended because I owe for my renewal but to disregard if I have auto-pay, I've never seen it say that on my renewal date before and I'm just a little confused. Also, will I retain all my bonus data from the previous promos even though I'm lowering my plan amount? Thanks community!!

edited by computergeek541: removed screenshot

31 REPLIES 31

@pkaraa  That's how it's supposed to work.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have reported this in another thread that my account page shows plan expired on renewal date around 12midnight ET, still able to make calls and use data. next day it was all updated.

and yes, if your plan is $15 and you have loyalty and auto pay then it is plan-loyalty-autopay credit.

@Rebel555666 

Here's the timeline when this occurred to the bf's account. I didn't take a screenshot after I fixed it. The difference here was there was system maintenance the night of his renewal and when I went to add the voucher both the site and 611 was down.

I was able to add the voucher just before 3am pt to avoid suspension and reactivate via lost/stolen. I allowed it to remain in the "limbo" state for 4 days to see if it would fix itself....when it didn't I suspended service again to get it to display the correct dates and $ amounts.

Note: The plan charge was in the transaction history but after payment it did not automatically renew so lost/stolen was used to force the payment to be taken from the available funds and reactivate to avoid suspension of services.

Edit: Oops I mixed up the first 2 screenshots of the transaction history/time stamp and last one shows the correction of the balance did not occur til the following renewal...ignore the date. 😀

Screenshot_20211004-143927~3.png6:22pm pt Tuesday July 13th6:22pm pt Tuesday July 13th2:28am pt Friday July 16th2:28am pt Friday July 16th1:46 am pt Monday July 12th (after the plan amounts were charged to accounts)1:46 am pt Monday July 12th (after the plan amounts were charged to accounts)2:37am pt Monday July 12th (just before suspension occurs at 6am et)2:37am pt Monday July 12th (just before suspension occurs at 6am et)2:28 am pt Friday July 16th2:28 am pt Friday July 16th

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebel555666 : Did you try a different browser or incognito? Did you add another $10?

Your date indicates today. ie. 12:01am ET of today. The idea you mention is to click on Plans & Add-ons then Lost/stolen and then Suspend. Then logout. Log back in and back and then click Resume.

@darlicious : I had a future date and looking suspended. Services worked.

Rebel555666

So tonight at midnight eastern? Which is technically the 5th not the 4th? If that's the case, PM should account for this when customers are changing plan on their renewal date they shouldn't have an old plan expire before a new one kicks in if you request a renewal date change in plans. 

Rebel555666

It sure did but it ended up fixing itself and o didn't actually have to do anything. But I thought this was different because I had made changes to my account. So just suspend service to fix it? How long do I suspend service for... I really need my phone. I'm actually talking to a rep right now through DM because I can't risk losing all services. 

@darlicious  so, transaction history could be updated and reflected the "current"/latest status (showing the payment)  while the status still showing wrong?

btw, OP status was still showing expired and not suspended... 

@softech 

Account renewals can be confirmed by the transaction history. If you see the plan amounts charged/debited to your account you can rest assured that your renewal has occurred. The OP's account is a glitch that shows up on occasion.

The plan and services have renewed and been paid but instead of changing to active status it changes to suspended with the renewal date still showing the current one and warning date (90 days ahead) of account cancellation and deactivation showing on the overview page. And a nonsensical amount owing for renewal.

Your plan resets at midnight eastern on the day of your renewal.

@Anonymous 

Did you not have this occur on your July renewal? The bf's account did the same thing (I think you two have the same renewal date.) I messaged a CSA who said they would look into it but nothing came of it. I just fixed it by suspending service but as usual I had to later that month suspend it again until the bf found his phone so I wasn't 100% sure if the rewards had to be applied manually. I believe you said they did have to be applied manually.

@Rebel555666 

Your promotional data is "gifted" data vs promo data that is YMMV. Your data gifts were safe all along. I've never checked my add on usage page during renewal.....interesting status column.

Rebel555666

Thank you so much for making sense of this for me!! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebel555666 : I'm with softech...it would be more legible if you cut off the top and bottom stuff.

So that date up top is today? That would suggest that the renewal was last night. It looks like you're on the $15 plan now. But then you say your services are working so that's a puzzler.

Maybe logout and try a different browser or use incognito mode.

Maybe a screenshot of your payment history.

Once there and it's all the same I would suggest adding another $10 depending on your payment history.

Yes, I zoomed in and see a bit better

It does look like PM has not renewed your account yet.  So, another record breaking for being how late they renew accounts??

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rebel555666 

• Your service has renewed on the $15 plan.
  • You kept your promotional data.

Check your transaction history for:

• 30 DAY PLAN......................$10
  • 100 OUTGOING MINUTES...$5

These ensure you have completed the renewal process. Give your account 24 hours to update. If it remains the same you can fix it by briefly suspending your service via lost/stolen. However it will likely trigger the glitch of your rewards not applying on your next renewal. If so you will just have to contact customer support and ask the CSA to apply them manually to your account.

Rebel555666

Screenshots are by their very nature small. Click on the image and  it will be bigger and you can zoom into details as well. 

No when I checked an hour or so ago I had not been charged yet. 

Rebel555666

I blacked out sensitive info and highlighted some main points, thank you for your help! 

@Rebel555666   honest, your screenshot is a bit small and I can't really see much  😞

but it is still saying Plan Expired, and not suspended., which is a good sign.  Look like the renewal process is just not completed

is your credit card shows transaction quick?  if so, you can confirm if PM has charged your card yet

Rebel555666

In typical me fashion, I am overthinking this I'm sure. Everything is working just fine and I understand that with technology things don't always work as precisely as we'd like. I greatly appreciate this comment as it really is the most logical thing.  Thank you. 

@Rebel555666 

Thank you....make sure you remove any sensitive personal info. I have seen a renewal that sounds like yours with the overview not updating correctly but service has renewed and is intact.

@softech 

Tee hee hee....ok yes I was thinking in Pacific time but it is possible to be that late.

Rebel555666

I didn't even think of that, I've edited to add screenshots in my main post. Thank you! 

Rebel555666

My account features are working but it does not say it's active. I will post screenshots of what I am seeing in the main thread.

@darlicious   you meant renewal could be  running as late as 12 noon EST now?

@Rebel555666 

Renewals have been running about 6 hours late so you may have not fully gone thru the renewal process when you first posted. It should be complete by now. Does your account now say it is active?

@Rebel555666 wrote:

Service still working, payment due date is today. 

@Rebel555666  is your My Account showing your Plan Status Active or Suspended?  do you mind to share a screenshot?

Also, any entries for today or yesterday on Transaction History?

@Rebel555666 

Then this should be the first day of your new plan. What does the overview page list as your plan details?

Rebel555666

Service still working, payment due date is today. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rebel555666 

Retaining promotional data depends on the promotion and generally they do state you will lose the data. Knowing which promotion your data came from would help but many other community members including myself have tested this theory and have come out the other side of downgrading a plan to the $15 and have kept promo bonus data add ons. However bonus monthly plan data is almost always lost so keeping promotional data when changing plans is always YMMV.

Gifted add ons such as the "more the merrier" holiday data and minutes add ons stay on your account as do all of your rewards.

Do you currently have service? If not do you have $5 from your rewards in your available funds? If so then you do indeed owe $10 in order to renew your new $15 plan. Top up your account with $10. If it doesn't automatically renew click on the reactivate button. If that doesn't work go to the plans or the usage page and click on the lost/stolen feature. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your account should now active and your plan renewed. Log out and reboot your phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rebel555666   Amount owe will show you the Plan charge - Available Fund.    They will apply the rewards when they start to renew your plan.  So, technically, you will be paying $10 + tax in the end.

Is your service working now?  when is the Payment Due date?  was it today, yesterday or tomorrow?

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rebel555666  If your phone us still working might be easier to ignore everything until a day after your renewal date. Check you account and credit card payment at that time for discrepancies. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebel555666 

when choose at your next plan renewal date. 

if new plan for $15 -$3 loyalty, -$2 autopay = $10 plus tax you have to pay

but maybe your Changing plan is not going through !

and can you do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, which plan you see you have it !

Need Help? Let's chat.