cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of physical address

MrParker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been online with Public for over an hour trying  to update my address. First after much searching I asked the Chat robot how to do it. It said go to your profile and change it there. Then, I had to look high and low for my profile. Everything about this site is counter-intuitive. There is no menu accessible on the home page that provides all options the customer is looking for. There are arrows there that point but you don’t know what they are pointing at. Anyhow, I go into my Profile and could find no place to change my physical address. Help!!!!!

19 REPLIES 19

Go to Google Maps and search for your postal code. If it finds it then good. If not then maybe your postal code is newer and Google hasn't caught up to it yet. This place uses Google for postal code verification.

The address box needs to find you. Enter your street address see what it finds in the pop out box. Then add your street name and see what it finds. If you have things like direction of street or something complicated then try different variations to try to let it find you. If you have a unit # then the style is ####-####.

JayKoufax

I guess. It says my address has to be updated snd there is a blank space with a strange icon. Whatever I wrote in the system says the address is invalid. 

Hi @JayKoufax is that a new area ?? and yiubtrird to slowly type in the address and let the system auto lookup??

JayKoufax

Yes, but if you need to order a new SIM as I do, and it does not accept my physical address, it is an issue. How does one enter an address that is not considered invalid. 

MrParker

Dust, if I may, or Mr. or Ms. 2dust if you prefer. I'm guilty of a misplaced modifier - I meant to indicate that the Byzantine Labyrinth I faced today was guarding Public Mobile from its customers - not you who are Master over it. Thanks all for the help and comments. 

@MrParker 

he's been called alot of things but never Master of the Byzantine Labyrinth.  He's moving up in the world since his re-education !!  🤗

Did that symbol do something? I thought it was just indicating like zooming in on your location on a digital map. I didn't see if it did something.

It does often feel like we're the guards keeping the customers from the employees. I like to figure out these things or go to workarounds. Others will just forward fellow customers on to the support people. Not so much as guards. 🙂

On the last update last year, there was no way to enter specific city names that weren't already on their list. So this new version is an improvement on that. Until we hear otherwise from folks anyway.

MrParker

Wow! Again astonishing. Is the symbol a common symbol for auto-complete? In any case, it did auto-complete after I figured out its method and it gave me 13Th Ave (yes, with the capital "T") which I accepted and the change took place. I didn't think I was such a techno peasant that it would take me hours to do something which should take ten minutes, tops! Kudos to you - Master of the Byzantine Labyrinth guarding Public Mobile from its customers. 

It's an auto-complete, not just free-form. Let it find you as it drills down.

MrParker

Well, that worked! But when I enter my address with several different permutations, it keeps telling me it won't accept the address: **** East (or E. 13th Avenue (or Ave or Av), Vancouver, BC, V****1

Yup. It is astonishing that they have settled on a system that is so abysmally slow and doesn't even give properly updated information. I see this on the Telus side as well where I have other business with Telus. That painfully slow loading swirls or dots or whatever taking forever to display. Just awful. Seems they don't care though seeing as how they keep going with it. Last years update and then this one. Awful.

MrParker

Sigh. It is astonishing how Telus (PM's parent company which main purpose is communications) has so much difficulty in doing so. Although it is not alone. There are plenty of sites where everything works reasonably well. Then some tech people for no reason that I can discern "upgrade??!!" it. The only reason I found out that it has my old address was when in the payment history section it allowed me to download a receipt and, lo and behold, there was the address where I lived when I bought my phone and subscribed to PM. Go figure.

Log in, go to profile, where you see the name on the account and the alternate phone number etc, click on either pencil. That will take you to the address screen.

Or when logged in go here

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/account-info

MrParker

Try it yourself and see if you locate your current PHYSICAL address.

@MrParker   PM no longer keep check of your physical address on My Account.  The address is not needed even for credit card payment.  PM just sent the name, postal code, CVV and expiry date for credit card payment.  

Again, address is no longer needed for PM  and you can ignore it

MrParker

I was in my PM account and only came to community for help. I ask that you go to your account to see if you can find your physical address. If so, please get back to me again with step-by-step instructions so I can locate mine.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes it seems they like making systems that are utterly non-intuitive and hard to figure out and painfully slow.

The address on your account does nothing though. So you might just as well leave it alone. If you think you need an address to show someone that you live somewhere then maybe. They wouldn't necessarily know that anyone can put in anything in the address which would prove nothing. But it seems some places do accept it.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MrParker 

try this on a laptop but use incognito mode...

prof.jpg

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MrParker  I think you're looking at the profile for you community profile.  You need to login to your My Account for PM and check the profile there.  That's where you address is stored for you PM account.

Need Help? Let's chat.