cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling public mobile account

LMcElrea
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have just switched my phone number over to Rogers from Public Mobile. I was on an auto-payment plan with public mobile and would like to make sure my account is canceled so I do not get charged next month. However, I can no longer log in to my public mobile account to cancel it. Does this mean my account has been deactivated? Do I still need to cancel my auto-pay? If so, How do I do this if I cannot log in to my account? I tried changing passwords and everything...that is not it. Thank you 🙂

16 REPLIES 16

LMcElrea
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for your response. 

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ideally The credit card shouldnt be charged for your autopay as your account will be closed as soon as you port your PM number to other provider. check your CC for any charges by Koodo or PM at next renewal date. If there is any charges, create a ticket with support to get this credit back.

@hTideGnow 

If you have an app or log into your online account for your credit card ie. pc financial or Canadian Tire financial services you can put your card on hold.

@Yummy wrote:

In ideal world, when you port your number out of PM, your account is closed - deactivated and you are NOT PM customer anymore.

But, people did report being charged even after porting out.

You should ask this question before you renegaded and answer would be - remove your credit card from PM and cancel autopay.

Now you have to leave at least a month in fear of PM charging you 'by accident'...

And that they still have your credit card information for months and months...until you receive a new card. 

@Anonymous   yup.. understand.. something possible for OP to explore

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : Of course there are all the different institutions issuing cards but it was a reply to the question of how hard it might be. Indeed...YMMV.

@Anonymous   thanks for the screenshot.  So, it is done via locking the card and not rejecting particular transaction request.  So, expect no transaction going through that day, have to hope no other reoccurring one on the same day.

Also , just checked my own credit card, non RBC, I don't see such option., so i think it's YMMV or you have to call the card centre for a temporary lock. for a day or two 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow :

z10user4_3-1636503552922.png

@Lehaha wrote:

Good question, I would like to to know too 

hopefully it’s successful but also you can call your bank to block PM charge you just make sure:)

@Lehaha   I think blocking the transaction on the credit card level is hard.  From what I know PM payment does not consider as a reoccurring payment on the CC side (probably because it runs every 30 days and not monthly), so I dont think you can ask CC to block it

But.. it is rare that Autopay will keep charging after account closed.  It did happen, but very rarely.  So, relax and should be good 

Lehaha
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good question, I would like to to know too 

hopefully it’s successful but also you can call your bank to block PM charge you just make sure:)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@LMcElrea   Once number is ported, your PM account will be closed.   Account is closed PM won't charge you anymore.  You can try to access to My Account and you shouldn't be able to login.

From time to time, we saw people with issues that Autopay didn't stop.  But this is rare.   Since you cannot login to My Account, there is nothing you can check.  Please monitor your credit card payment for the coming  month.  If there is any dispute, message PM and they will fix it and refund.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you can't log into your account then that is a good indication that it has been closed.  You could keep an eye on your credit card statement to make there are no additional charges.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LMcElrea 

you can keep eye on your credit card if public mobile charges, if you are worried 

you are free to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account number, 
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

In ideal world, when you port your number out of PM, your account is closed - deactivated and you are NOT PM customer anymore.

But, people did report being charged even after porting out.

You should ask this question before you renegaded and answer would be - remove your credit card from PM and cancel autopay.

Now you have to leave at least a month in fear of PM charging you 'by accident'...

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@LMcElrea wrote:

Hello, I have just switched my phone number over to Rogers from Public Mobile. I was on an auto-payment plan with public mobile and would like to make sure my account is canceled so I do not get charged next month. However, I can no longer log in to my public mobile account to cancel it. Does this mean my account has been deactivated? Do I still need to cancel my auto-pay? If so, How do I do this if I cannot log in to my account? I tried changing passwords and everything...that is not it. Thank you 🙂

@LMcElrea 

If your porting to Rogers is completed, your account at PM has been deactivated. Nothing else needs to be done on your end.

Edit: However keep an eye on your credit card statements for a couple months just in case there are still errant charges from PM. If it happens, contact PM or your bank for assistance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LMcElrea 

because when you port your old number to another compnay  your account is will be closed immediately.

Need Help? Let's chat.