cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel account

Forjim123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for 4 new phones for my business for COVID curbside.  I do not need them any longer and want to cancel.  How do I cancel?

JIm

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Forjim123 

Wait are we talking phone's or accounts?

@JL9 

Where are you located?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Forjim123 

Why not advertise them obo or give them away to friends or family since they are on the rewards program that is now grandfathered? You may even be able to donate them? How about for Ukrainians coming to your community? They would appreciate a low cost plan while they try to pick up the pieces and try to start over.....

Edit all of your personal info from the accounts. Remove your payment info. Change the phone numbers. Go to the local refugee/immigrant settlement agency or church group that is fundraising to sponsor a family and donate the SIM cards. Write down the login info for each account/SIM card. The recipients can edit the info on the accounts to theirs and then they can contact customer support to change the email and 4 digit pin .

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Great thanks. That would most likely be worth it, depending on the rewards existing in that account. Private message me @Forjim123 if this is something you are considering. Then again you may want to keep your account and just want to cancel the phone order.

@JL9   Yes, you can take ownership of another plan if you can arrange that.  however, PM support no longer swapping number between 2 PM accounts.  

If you love to old rewards (who doesn't?)  and would like to keep your existing PM number, you will have to port your account away and the port it back in on the "old reward" account that you managed to secure.    Yes, there is some cost to port out,

1. SIM (but you can likely get it free from activating in mobile store)

2. one month of plan charge in another provider (likely $15)

but of course, the saving long term could make them worth 

Please tell me this isn't a pipedream and I can somehow get an old rewards plan? If it were possible, once you get it are you able to change the number?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

How do you go about doing this? I want the old rewards program lol

Meow
Mayor / Maire

- Disable autopay

- Remove credit card from your self-serving account.

Your account will be suspended without payment at your next renewal date. 90 days after suspension, your account will be cancelled. You have 90 days to change your mind by paying and reactivate your account.

Meow_0-1648479705559.png

Meow_1-1648479712156.png

Other option is to ‘Sell’ your plan and do not keep your phone number

If you have a plan with high demand and with a lot of rewards (loyalty, referrals) or desirable phone number, you can let someone to take over your account. Your phone number will go with the plan to the new owner. You will have to notify all your contacts your phone number is not yours anymore.

You will have to change all account info (address, name, email, etc.) and replace credit card.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Forjim123   There is no formal way to close an account

All you need to do is to login to the 4 accounts you have, each of them disable Autopay and remove credit card from the accounts.   Doing that, PM will not be able to renew the accounts and 90 days later, the account will be closed permanently 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Stop paying. If you set up a credit card then remove it from the account. Then the plan won't renew if you have no other balance. Then 90 days later the account will deactivate.

There's the possibility that interested parties might want to take over your account to stay on the old rewards system.

Need Help? Let's chat.