cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems texting in the USA

heatecke
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just paid for unlimited texting in the US. Problem is, my son sent me two texts and they didn’t arrive on my phone for another 6 hours! Kind of defeats the purpose of texting. Is there something that can be done about this? 

10 REPLIES 10

heatecke

Perhaps that is a possibility. My plan is done now so too late to check. 

heatecke

I have an iPhone. Roaming and sms are enabled. Actually, the texts I send seem to be delivered on time. It’s the texts I receive which seem to be held up.

heatecke

I tried rebooting my phone. That seemed to reduce the wait time for my texts to arrive to one hour instead of 6. Too long still.

heatecke

Yes, the add-on was purchased correctly, by first paying and then adding the plan. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@heatecke 

I'd suspect someone was using iMessage instead of SMS.

Request that senders utilize SMS only when sending texts to you and not rely on web-based texting platforms.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Meow   Yes that's been the case always for receiving texts.  US only.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@heatecke 

Do you have an iPhone? Or are you using chat features (RCS)? Did you recieve the "texts" once you connected to wifi? Ensure you have roaming enabled. If you have an iPhone make sure you have SMS enabled. If you are an Android user turn your chat features off. Chat features require a US Roaming add on as does iMessage (or wifi) to be sent or recieved.

Incoming SMS does not require a US Roaming texting add on.....only if you want to send SMS is it required.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@Meow   You don't need to purchase a roaming text add-on to receive incoming texts but, of course, OP won't be able to reply to those texts without purchasing roaming add-on with texting component.

Really?! You know that as a fact? I was not aware of that!!! Will that work in US only or world-wide?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Meow   You don't need to purchase a roaming text add-on to receive incoming texts but, of course, OP won't be able to reply to those texts without purchasing roaming add-on with texting component.

@heatecke   Have to agree you shouldn't have to wait to use your roaming add-on.  So were you able to send and receive them without issue after receiving the delayed texts? 

It's a good idea to reboot your phone and also to manually select either AT&T or T-Mobile as one carrier may have better coverage where you are than the other.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did he follow proper process of buying add-on?

Purchasing an add-on after logging in into your PM account is a two-step process. You need to load funds first and then purchase add on.

1. Add funds to your PM account: Any funds to buy add-ons come from your balance, so manually add funds to your available balance first.
  2. Buy Add-On: You will actually buy the add-on after you add funds to your account or else you won't have funds to actually buy the add-on. Funds to buy add-on come from Your account (after adding funds in step #1) and not directly from your credit card.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-611

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

Need Help? Let's chat.