cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to a new a province, still being charged old provincial tax

Joe34
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My family relocated from BC to AB last December. Try as I may, no account settings seem to impact what provincial tax is charged. I would appreciate if someone could assist me in setting up all four of my family accounts so we are taxed based on the province in which we reside full time. 

Is there a chance the tax is tied to area code? We are still using our old phone numbers....

3 REPLIES 3

SHKY
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It all solely based on your phone number area code.  Best option is to change number if tax savings are worthwhile.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Your tax is charged based on your phone AREA code not your address.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Joe34  tax is charged on your area code correct. 

If you keep using your existing phone numbers, you will continue to be charged BC taxes.

If you don't mind getting new phone numbers to be charged the correct tax for the area code for AB, then you would need to go through the Profile tab on your account and select new numbers.

Another way around this is to purchase Public Mobile vouchers from your local stores in your area and load to the accounts each month and have PM remove your cc info by submitting a ticket through the chatbot.  This could be a hassle every 30 days for multiple accounts...

Need Help? Let's chat.