cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to another phone supporting eSim, logging to account but it asks for an activation?

Russss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • Hi there,

I'm trying to move to another phone. Old and new phones both support eSim. Old phone has public mobile eSim. I want to get a new eSim for a new phone but when I try to login to my Public Mobile account, it starts the process of a new activation like I'm a new customer who just registered. But I'm existing customer with Public Mobile phone number in Canada xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and email xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Why it happens when I log in? It should open my account page so I can order a new eSim. Thanks you

4 REPLIES 4

Russss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks a lot. I submitted a ticket

@Russss wrote:
  • Hi there,

I'm trying to move to another phone. Old and new phones both support eSim. Old phone has public mobile eSim. I want to get a new eSim for a new phone but when I try to login to my Public Mobile account, it starts the process of a new activation like I'm a new customer who just registered. But I'm existing customer with Public Mobile phone number in Canada xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and email xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Why it happens when I log in? It should open my account page so I can order a new eSim. Thanks you

For some reason, this has been happening to some customers even though they arleady have an account. You'll need to contact a Public Mobile customer support agent to fix this.  Please use the chatbot to open a ticket.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

First try the chatbot, but if it doesnt' allow a ticket to be opened, send a private message to CS_Agent.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Russss 

eSIM is not transferable between phones. You need to download the PM app on your new phone and login to your account and make a new purchase of a new eSIM. You will receive a credit for the eSIM purchase.

Go to Account tab>Purchase SIM Card and pick eSIM.

IMG_0196.png

The customer has already stated that logging in isn't working, so none of the above is going to work.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Russss 

eSIM is not transferable between phones. You need to download the PM app on your new phone and login to your account and make a new purchase of a new eSIM. You will receive a credit for the eSIM purchase.

Go to Account tab>Purchase SIM Card and pick eSIM.

IMG_0196.png

Need Help? Let's chat.