cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-On's

McFly76
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just received a text from my son who's cell phone plan I pay for.  Said that I "added" on more data.  Sure enough, I log into my Public Mobile account and there is a 2GB add-on added to his account.

I never authorized the add-on.  He says he never did from his phone either (he has no access to the account)

Will I have to pay for this 2GB "add-on"?  I never authoized it.

4 REPLIES 4

@McFly76 wrote:

Thanks!  I will go ahead and create a ticket and ask not to get these promos.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Another possibility would be to ask the customer support agent to remove the credit card from your son's Public Mobile account.  You would need to remember to manually pay using vouchers though.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @McFly76 

another parent have the same complain yesterday.

So, to avoid that again, you can try to block the number PM used to send the text promo

or you can also reply STOP to it to stop it 

(or do both, reply STOP and block)

McFly76
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks!  I will go ahead and create a ticket and ask not to get these promos.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@ Public mobile do send out these texts  messages when the data is finished yes. I get those messages myself. 

The message is sent to his phone in his hand, not the account, so he doesn't not need access to the account to reply its done all on the phone.

There are instructions to follow if you want the extra data. It cannot be added unless the instructions are followed and accepted. Yes, you would have to pay for it. If you have a payment method on file, they already charged you.

If you don't want this option for extra data, I have heard you can reply STOP to that number on his phone. You would have to take it and do it yourself.  Find the original text that was sent with the data and press stop. You shouldn't be receiving anymore text after. I have not done this part myself,  so I can't confirm. 

Or use the orange chatbot to create a ticket and ask not to get these promos.

Need Help? Let's chat.