cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't port number - won't recognize as valid

tjarvis35
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to activate a SIM card and port my number from Bell. It won't let me use my phone number because it says I need a valid Canadian phone number (but it IS my number I'm entering). 

Please help!!

9 REPLIES 9

DogLake

What "link above"?

@MrSpock OP should definitely check the eligibility first in this case.  The error could have caused by the fact that the number cannot be ported into PM

Again, most number can be ported around but not all.  This is due to the fact that Telus does not have a "rate centre" where the number belongs to  

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tjarvis35 hi if you take a new number now all you do is go into your self-serve account and click on change number and in there you can port your number from there just remember you must leave your bell sim in your phone to get transfer text you must reply yes within 90 minutes or port will fail

@tjarvis35 wrote:

I am still trying to activate the PM Sim card and clicked on "transfer number" because I really want to keep the same number. If I didn't do that, how can I get that number later? I'm afraid that I will lose it. Thanks!

HI @tjarvis35   check your number with the link I provided above.  If it says it can be transferred, then yes, you can  activate with a new number first and port in after with a manual request via PM Support

Again, important thing is check eligibility before you proceed.  If it says you cannot transfer, then don't activate.

tjarvis35

I am still trying to activate the PM Sim card and clicked on "transfer number" because I really want to keep the same number. If I didn't do that, how can I get that number later? I'm afraid that I will lose it. Thanks!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You should open PM account, pick any number, confirm ALL services are working as expected and only then port your old number.

Keep both accounts active. It will be resolved with Bell-PM. Don't try to do everything at once particularly Now when PM still has some glitches to eliminate after introducing new account site.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tjarvis35 while most numbers can be ported,  not all can

check your number to see if it can be ported

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

(it is a Koodo site but both Koodo and PM use Telus network, so, the result would apply to PM as well)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

PM is going through process upsets right now.

I'd suggest taking a new number until PM website stabilizes.

Need Help? Let's chat.