cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay plan payment abroad (Verification number changed?)

Hailz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm currently away from Canada and in the UK. I had no problem signing into my account a over a month ago (May 1st) to put money on my account and to continue the plan so that I don't lose my phone number/account. (I had to make this account to post on the community. 😓)

To log into my actual account, I have to use a code that Public sends to my phone, which wasn't the case before... It would send a code to my home phone, which a family member was able to pick up and send to me the verification code via Facebook messenger. I can't get PublicMobile service in the UK so I can't recieve texts.I assume this is because the site login changed with that 'Eversafe' thing. 🙁

My account was suspended on June 1st and I have until August 30th (90 days) before it's deleted. I won't be back in Canada until September 5th though...

Really don't want to lose my account or my phone number. Anyone have any tips? Thank you 😭❤️

5 REPLIES 5

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Hailz 

In addition to recharge.com as offered by @hairbag1  you can also use muskbird.com which has lower fees and a quicker turnaround time to recieve your voucher. ( About 5 min.)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Online-Top-Up-Payments-Muskbird-com/td-p/...

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Hailz 

have a peek at recharge.com. You'll pay a small user fee, but perhaps this will resolve your concern until you return.

Hailz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much!!!! 😁❤️❤️❤️ This worked

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Hailz 

PM just changed to a new EverSafe login system and you need to complete the setup

Since you have not created an EverSafe id yet,  you won't be able complete the part to link your My Account with the EverSafe ID, that needs a working phone with a working PM sim using SMS.  (Sending the code to email would not be a choice until  EverSafe id is fully setup) 

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support and have them to help in this situation:

Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.