cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not access my account information

RT11381
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I last access my PM account information in Feb.  I topped up my SIM for 1 month so the SIM card will not expire.  This is done through the internet from overseas.

When I try to access my PM account it now wants to send me a verification code via SMS.  I can not receive SMS overseas so I choose to resend code by email.  When I enter the code, all it does is bring me to the PM home screen and I can not access my account.  Is there a way to access my account so I can top up my SIM card while I'm abroad.  Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

@RT11381 wrote:

I called the number and it asked for my ten digit phone number.  I entered it and the result was my number was not on file.  So I assume I need to get a new SIM when I go to Vancouver.  Thank you for your help.

self solution removed

@dust2dust wrote:

@LitlLdy- I agree it made no sense but that was the rule. It's why the option of using aliases became a thing to do. So, good for you that using the same email address of a dead account worked for you. Maybe the rule did get relaxed.

@dust2dust , I just thought it worked due to I was using the same email address as my community account when I signed into the community then signed up. I never thought that an account that no longer existed would cause a problem of signing back up! With this new system though I can see why it would give someone issues! There’s been many issues from before this new system was set up & now well…. 
I can see now though that it likely will be a big issue without help from a CS_Agent! Trying to watch my wording! 😊

@LitlLdy- I agree it made no sense but that was the rule. It's why the option of using aliases became a thing to do. So, good for you that using the same email address of a dead account worked for you. Maybe the rule did get relaxed.

@dust2dust wrote:

@dust2dust , I sure hope not, that would make no sense at all! I have had the same email address for close to 29 years! Yes, I’m old! I have no need or use for several email addresses!
I have had my community account with Public Mobile for 4 years this year with the same email address as my account! I left at one point & came back & signed up with the same email address! I’m still me!

@hairbag1 wrote:

@RT11381 

yes...after your most recent account expires you have 90 days grace to renew it. After 90 days suspended, that account is deactivated. You'll need a new sim to start a new account. You'll have to use a different email address as well.

@hairbag1 , this may be a dumb question but if the account is deactivated why would someone need to use a different email address to sign up for an account? Is that something new?

@RT11381 

yes...after your most recent account expires you have 90 days grace to renew it. After 90 days suspended, that account is deactivated. You'll need a new sim to start a new account. You'll have to use a different email address as well.

RT11381
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I called the number and it asked for my ten digit phone number.  I entered it and the result was my number was not on file.  So I assume I need to get a new SIM when I go to Vancouver.  Thank you for your help.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@RT11381 

dial 1-855-4pu-blic ( 1-855-478-2542) and you can pay with on file credit card , you'll need your PM pin number. Alternative is payment vouchers ...try Muskbird vouchers purchased on-line.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@RT11381 - is it possible your account has been in suspended/nonpay status for over 90 days?

Where you are located, are you able to call 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device? You can enter your phone number and see if the account is suspended or on hold. If your number cannot be found than it seems the account is disabled, perhaps due to being suspended for over 90 days.

If you are still a current customer (not suspended for over 90 days) and cannot call that 855 number, nor still having issues Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) to get access to your My Account, by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Do you have access to computer? Try accessing your account that way, not through phone.

You can ask agent if your account is still active. HOW did you pay your bill while overseas? Paid manually? At that time you should have access to your account, correct?

Need Help? Let's chat.