cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change plans but keep my 2GBBONUS?

BruiserNL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So as we all know, PM now offers 4G plans. I signed up for 4 new accounts with the 3G plans just 2 weeks ago. Now I was wondering if I could switch top 4G? I entered the 2GBBONUS which is 2 GB extra per month for as long as you stay with Public Mobile. If I was to change from a my current 5 GB 3G plan to a 6 GB 4G plan, would I lose the 2GBBONUS add-on? Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

If that's official then customer support needs the memo since the thread link posted by @softech offered the opposite response by an agent. I would be pretty passed if I lost my promo on the misinformation given by an agent.

Edit:

Never mind.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Thank you, just got the same response from a CSA

Hey @JL9,

Happy to help you! From our latest information, the plan change will trigger your loss of the promo bonus.

Please let us know if you need any other information!

Oana 

JL9_0-1658342614653.png

So why are other people getting responses saying they will be able to keep it?

Now THAT'S official! Thank you @J_PM . And can you clarify that changing up AND down while equal to or above the price threshold will keep these promo data buckets while staying on 3G?

And can one change while staying on 4G and equal to or above the price threshold with the promo?

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@JL9 

All BONUS add-ons are subject to change, if you decide to change plans before your previous promo expires. Meaning if you activated on a 3G plan with a 2GB BONUS, and upgrade to a 4G plan you will no longer receive the 2GB from the previous plan.   

Thank you, 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yes it would definitely be nice to clear this up because it seems their is conflicting info and experiences regarding this?!?!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

The OP isnt clear on the price of their plan? $35/3gb+2gb=5gb or $40/5gb+2gb=7gb? But its only the price that matters not the data on tbe plan. So either way they should be able to switch to the $41.25/2gb+2gb=4gb or the $45/6gb+2gb=8gb. But choosing the latter to be safe would be best.

@darlicious   Yes, every case is different and I think we all should encourage those who ask question  to open ticket with PM support.  I don't want anyone taking our YES answer and go to make the change and end up losing the 2GB.  

Also, some might have a $50 plan now, a move to the $40.25 4G plan will still be a downgrade (in terms of price).  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Ok that makes sense.....I was wondering what response that member had recieved from customer support. This is highly dependent on the promocode used. Its to my understanding that 2GBBONUS had its coding changed to allow for plan changes at $35 and above. The data speed throttled or not throttled should make no difference on coding the plan or promocode.

@BruiserNL 

It will take up to 48 hours for your data to reach full 4G LTE speed.

@MrSpock 

Not all promocodes are coded the same.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BruiserNL 

Im not sure if anyone has gotten an official confirmation on this yet. The 2GBBONUS promocode was confirmed by @Melinda_H  to remain on tne account when changing plans as long as you remained on or above the $35 plan threshold. However this was nearly 8 months ago well before 4G LTE plans were in the works. Getting an official word from @J_PM  would be best before making or scheduling any plan changes. I couldnt say whether customer support could give you a definitive answer or not as they often just read the terms and conditions of the promotion when reality can be very different.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BruiserNL hi yes unfortunately you will it says in the promo details but they offer it to new customers so it wouldn't hurt to 

contact a cs agent to ask

you can open a ticket, to speak to a customer service agent    Click here or if you are having issues with Simon you can send private message to a CS Agent here:  https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BruiserNL 

Officially No, as all those 2GBBonus activation sales  have a terms saying you cannot change plan.  

Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 

HOWEVER, a member messaged PM Agent and was told that he is allow to keep the 2GB bonus with a change to 4G plan

If you upgrade your current $40 plan @ 3G to any 4G plan, you will keep the promo.

(ref: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/plan-upgrade-will-I-lose-promotion/m-p/84...

I encourage you to open ticket with PM Support and get a confirmation for your situation.  With their reply, you can keep it as a proof just in case

To open ticket with PM Support:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.