cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls to China will not connect

Achow12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Purchased the China Long distance add-on today and attempted to make a call. Call will not connect and get an automated message saying '1b1 and the phone number is not available'. However, making the same call on a different phone will connect properly.

Phone has been restarted and still cannot connect

Is there something else that needs to be activated in order for calls to China to connect? I check the phone and no features on the phone are preventing the call that I can find.

Thank you

28 REPLIES 28

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @Achow12 , Thanks for confirming that forwarding is turned off. Whether or not it is turned on for the cell phone you were calling in China is a moot point now, if you have since tried multiple numbers in China with the same result. I'm very sorry I couldn't find any other possible solution to the 1B1 telephone error code. I would really love to know what the outcome is of the escalation with Customer Support. Please let me know. 

Achow12

Entered the code and calls are not forwarded. Tried multiple numbers to China and all do not work and give the same message. Support has escalated further 

maple_leaf

@dust2dust , I realize that the member said that CF was turned off on his/her cell phone, and that it was also turned off on the cell phone in China. But, since everything I can find points to the error being a CF issue, I offered one last opportunity to double-check both ends using the MMI Code. From what I've read it's CF on the termination end, not the origination, that causes the 1B1 error. But, Halimacs' post in April mentioned checking for CF on both ends. Also, the member/OP of this thread mentioned already having heard back from Customer Support, and that they only offered to remove and re-add the LD add-on. So, if they can't solve it, and CF isn't the issue, then maybe none of us can solve it. I so appreciate you looking after me.

@maple_leaf- Anything's possible I suppose but the customer has claimed that there's no call forwarding on anywhere. It doesn't seem very likely to me but as the saying goes, stranger things have happened.
Other reset codes are ##002# and ##21#.

maple_leaf

Okay, so I'm not crazy. And, it was Halimacs that suggested it was a Call Forwarding issue in April. And, if you Google the error 1B1, several sites point to a Call Forwarding issue. That's all I was trying to say, over and over and over again. Is there anything else?

@maple_leaf- Yes, this customer apparently found that thread and added to it looking for an answer.

maple_leaf

@dust2dust , I don't know what's going on here then. In the other post, the first and original post is from a completely different handle/member, and dated April, 2023. The first three replies are also dated April, 2023. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/1B1-Error-Cannot-phone-another-number/m-p...

This thread is: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Calls-to-China-will-not-connect/m-p/10488...

@maple_leaf- That's an earlier conversation with the same customer. No resolution.

Adding - I could see maybe possibly if the recipient was forwarding and other phones are able to somehow work with that and allow the reconnect transfer to the forwarded number but maybe Public isn't able to make that jump. I don't know.

@Achow12- Another straw to grasp, do you have your call display on or is it set that recipients would see private number or something?

maple_leaf

@dust2dust , Read this thread (see @HALIMACS ) , and Google "telephone error 1B1". I included this link in my original and earlier post. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/1B1-Error-Cannot-phone-another-number/td-....

@maple_leaf- Maybe I'm misunderstanding but call forwarding is for inbound calls. This customer is trying to call out.

maple_leaf

@Achow12 , Try dialling *#21# on your phone's dial pad and press call. This displays the status of call forwarding on your phone. Do you see voice calls not forwarded as in the screenshot below? Can the party you are calling do the same on their cell phone? Everything I see about this telephone error code "1B1" points to call forwarding issues. Apart from that, I would defer to a Customer Support Agent to resolve this issue (as I see you have made contact with Customer Support).

Screenshot_20230904-131900.png

Achow12

Trouble shooting with them too...no luck so far. Definitely a network settings issue as other phones work to call the same numbers immediately. Line is brand new with Public Mobile...did not port and support has removed and re-added the long distance addon. Phone is also brand new...first use was with this line

Have you not heard back from support? Surely you've long since tried to contact them.

Achow12

They are mobile lines I am calling 

maple_leaf

@Achow12 , So, are you calling a mobile (cell) number or landline in China?

Achow12

No.they do not have forwarding on. I can call immediately from another phone and it works on the other phone 

maple_leaf

@Achow12 , Sorry, as I read through that thread I linked above, it seems that 1B1 occurs when the party you are calling has their call forwarding activated (in China). Do you know if the number you are calling in China is being forwarded?

Achow12

Network is set to Public Mobile

Achow12

Call forwarding is turned off

maple_leaf

Hello @Achow12 , Check to see if you have Call Forwarding activated on your phone (or on the number you are calling in China). I found an older thread regarding this 1B1 error:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/1B1-Error-Cannot-phone-another-number/td-....

Hope this helps.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

This may sound dumb but....   go to your phone settings, network settings and remove automatic and pic public mobile. Then reboot. I know some here may find this stupid however I myself have seen problems when in automatic. I've never had problems set on Public Mobile.

Achow12

Have confirmed add-on is active on account via incognito mode. Will open a ticket with a PM agent.

Thank you

Achow12

Yes, add-on shows up in my account and show 0% used.

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can you check if the add-on shows up in your self-serve account? Just trying to make sure there were no issues in purchasing it.

@Achow12 if you login My Account using Incognito mode, you see the China LD add-in there on your My Account?  Just want to make sure the purchase went through.  And you got this add-on?

500 China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan Long Distance Minutes - $15.00

If it looks right and you paid, please open a ticket with PM agent for further investigation

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Achow12

Have rebooted the phone...have tried both 011....86 and +86. Nothing seems to work.

Dialing the same number on a different phone connects immediately. Just not with Public Mobile

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Achow12 

reboot the phone and try again.  Try calling different Chinese numbers and see

Also, what pattern do you use to make calls?  Some like this?

011 - 86 - Area Code - Land Phone Number
011 - 86 - 11 Digit Mobile Number

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This might seem like a stupid question but a lot of people forget this, have you put 011 86 (the country code for China) before typing the phone number?

Need Help? Let's chat.