cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding trick - rejecting spam (and all other) calls is not working anymore???

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I used to use trick to forward all calls to some invalid number.

Trick worked very well for a while and I was surprised when spam call left voice mail.

I tried to apply forwarding again but got a message 'Connection problem or invalid MMI code'.

Reading closely at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding it looks like all suggested options Except Unconditional are NOT working anymore UNLESS you use VoLTE.

Unconditional is not really helpful as phone is not ringing no matter who calls thus rejecting ALL calls.

So it looks like I (and the others) have to wait for VoLTE to be activated on our lines.

9 REPLIES 9

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I do use that if I'm asleep yes... If awake and I don't know who it is I leave it and Google the number after, if the results are Chinese symbol crap it's blocked

Haven't had a problem yet with one being real

🤷

Hi @Yummy , maybe @Pawprints1986 uses Silence Unknown Callers feature 

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Why not just block the junk? 🤔

How are you suppose to block zillion spoofed numbers? Each of them could be legitimate number calling you for a valid reason in the future.

Trick with call forwarding worked very well until this VoLTE mess come into play. Innovation and technology does not always make life easier...

@Pawprints1986  Because blocking just sends the caller immediately to your voicemail where you are then further annoyed with junk voicemail messages you have to call in to delete. Also, junk calls usually use random caller IDs so the number is always different, so what you suggest is actually kind of hard to implement in practice. I mean, there are some third-party apps that will check all incoming calls against an external database, but...

Customizing the conditional forward for declined or blocked calls would previously allow you send those calls to a dead end or some other destination instead of your voicemail.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Why not just block the junk? 🤔

Seems like this just makes things harder for no reason

Some providers have it where callers have to press a number before the call will go through, that'd be cool to get here... But yeah I just block the junk. When asleep I use DND with exceptions for people I know who may have legit emergency and need to call. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy wrote:

I used to use trick to forward all calls to some invalid number.

Trick worked very well for a while and I was surprised when spam call left voice mail.

I tried to apply forwarding again but got a message 'Connection problem or invalid MMI code'.

Reading closely at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding it looks like all suggested options Except Unconditional are NOT working anymore UNLESS you use VoLTE.

Unconditional is not really helpful as phone is not ringing no matter who calls thus rejecting ALL calls.

So it looks like I (and the others) have to wait for VoLTE to be activated on our lines.

@Yummy , Having VoLTE activated on my account messed it up! The only way I was able to get mine working again was to submit a support ticket & ask for a Senior CSA (due to some CSA’s have no clue how to) to fix it on their end! Now it all works fine! They fix 1 thing & break several more things! 🤣

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Yeah the ability for me to configure custom "conditional" call forward settings stopped working when my line was provisioned for VoLTE. I can still set "unconditional" forwarding though.

I have yet to try opening a ticket to try to resolve this with VoLTE, as @LitlLdy succeeded with.

It was fun to send junk calls to a dead-end or Lenny in the past...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Call forwarding all works for all. Call forwarding conditionals only work for volte with some support needed (per LitlLdy)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Yummy 

you sure unconditional forwarding will work with VoLTE  if you select it and use it?

We know all forwarding were not working since the introduction of VoLTE (except the forward to VM when not available), look like no solution and definitely not sure if using VoLTE would make it works again

Need Help? Let's chat.