cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Forward on a $15 plan

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

I know this was already posted but didn’t really see a solid answer.

My friend is on a $15 plan and he wanted to know if he call forward (*21*) his cell number to his landline. 

- Will he be charge from his 100 minute call out if he dials *21*number#?

I know that he won’t be charge for incoming calls to his number but if it was call forward. Would the call be deducted for minutes while on his landline?

I couldn’t answer his question and hoping members have tried on the $15 plan to confirm.

5 REPLIES 5

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@BKNS27 @hTideGnow  Calls forwarded, at least with unconditional call forwarding on my iPhone, do not count as outgoing minutes. In fact, call forwarding continues to work even if the phone is out of service. Though to work when out of service, it must be setup before losing connection. 
I use that feature when vacationing outside Canada to forward to Fongo, and use the Fongo voicemail to email function to catch messages. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

Thanks everyone for your input. I pm a CS_Agent to confirm.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Even though incoming minutes are free on that plan? Is it because it gets treated as an outgoing call once the forwarding takes place? I guess that makes sense as I type it out.

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I havent tried personally but i do believe they would count towards your minutes. as far as i understand, incoming calls dont count, any outgoing calls count towards your mins. You can try to contact support if you need specific info, but it may take a few days to hear back.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @BKNS27 

only unconditional forward works (PM broke the conditional forwarding)

and yes, call got forwarded over to the landline will be counted towards the outbound calls and will use the 100 minutes.  So, it is not a great setup for $15 plan with limited outbound minutes

Need Help? Let's chat.