cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoning Canada from the U.S.

JaniceMacMillan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is the wording for the plan that I currently have - "Unlimited Canada-US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging++"

I have been asking questions of the ITIA Chatbot without getting the answer to my question.     

I assume "minutes" refers to phone call minutes.    I hope this is correct.

Does this mean that phone calls are unlimited between the U.S. and Canada whether I am in Canada or in the U.S. when I make a phone call?

I just want to clarify that while I am in the U.S. that I can use my cell phone to call phone numbers within the U.S. and also to call phone numbers in Canada without incurring extra charges.

Can anyone who has a similar feature in their plan help to answer this question?

6 REPLIES 6

JaniceMacMillan

Thanks

@JaniceMacMillan  It should be automatically change to T mobile or AT&T but that’s in your network setting and if in iPhone go to voice and data to change 4G/LTE 5G etc 

Handy1_0-1726167706691.png

HI @JaniceMacMillan 

using 4G makes it connects easier.  Once you are connected and have it worked, you can try to change to 5G

and in US, you can use T-Mobile , or AT&T or Verizon for roaming and no extra charge

you can go to connection screen on your phone setup and then choose Manual or disable automatic, then choose the carriers there.  Try all 3 and see which one works

JaniceMacMillan

O.K.   I found data roaming in my phone settings to be able to turn it on when I am in the U.S.   Where would I find the ability to put the phone to 4G/LTE not 5G?       Where would I find the ability to connect to Tmobile or AT&T?   Would that be in WiFi connections and wouldn't Tmobile and AT&T want to charge me?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JaniceMacMillan  YES you absolutely can , it’s true snow bird plan call to and from each country using talk text and data , just when In the U.S. turn data roaming on in phone settings . Also put phone to 4G/LTE not 5G and make sure your connected to T mobile or AT&T 

Need Help? Let's chat.