cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a new phone

WolverineCaz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello,
Where's the best place to buy a new phone. I'm looking at an iPhone. 

12 REPLIES 12

CGO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

for newest model may go apple store. for low price may check costco, staples, bestbuy...

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@WolverineCaz Apple store is the best

WolverineCaz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yup, not too far. I'll probably end up going there. Thanks for the reply. 

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Apple store. I doubt if Costco will sell without a contract...unless they have them online.  Where are you located?

Costco do have unlocked iPhones at store or online (members only)

I would not buy refurbished any thing ever!!!

I have bought all mine from family, Craigslist and Marketplace. You just have to know how to make a good deal. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

To get original, brand new iPhone, most likely Apple store.

PM sells some refurbished phones but they will be not latest models.

Sometimes BestBuy, Walmart has those but in most cases they are tied up with certain plans from different mobile companies.

Kijiji?

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@WolverineCaz 

You should look at the Red Flag Deals ( RFD )  website for the lastest hot deals being discussed for iPhones.  Then go from there.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Apple store. I doubt if Costco will sell without a contract...unless they have them online.  Where are you located?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@WolverineCaz   I can tell you where NOT to buy

Be careful, not to buy from Marketplace, like Bestbuy Marketplace, Walmart Marketplace, Facebook Marketplace , Kijiji, or  Ebay. Yes, some of those places (like Bestbuy/Warlmart/Ebay) might still honour full refund in case there is issue, but we saw and heard so many issue, mainly the phones are blacklisted

Yes, buying from Apple is the best, they have new and even Refurbished phones now.  Buying from PM CPO https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/phone-section#phone-start  or Mobile Klinik (owned by Telus) is not too bad, they will give you 30 days return option and a full year of warranty 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@WolverineCaz 

If you're going to buy a used device, always buy it from a reputable retailer, as buying from unknown sellers comes with the risk of the device potentially being blacklisted sometime down the road.

And the thing about this is that you may not know upon receiving the device and it may become blacklisted only some weeks or months after you have acquired it.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@WolverineCaz 

Is there an Apple store near you?

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@WolverineCaz wrote:

Hello,
Where's the best place to buy a new phone. I'm looking at an iPhone. 

Apple store or Costco 

Need Help? Let's chat.