cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. roaming coverage

Ammonite
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having had issues with using voice & data with the U.S. roaming add-on in the past (I have an iPhone 6s & the old PM 3G plan), I just read the fine print:

"1. Subscription plans with 3G .....Speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, applicable network management policies and other factors. For more information about our coverage, please refer here." 

So clicking on the map shows grey 4G/3G coverage for most of the U.S. Good. BUT if you enter the address of pretty much any place in, for example, New England, it says 'sorry no coverage.' I understand the VoLTE issue with my phone, but does this mean that U.S. roaming for data/text won't work in those areas at all?

2 REPLIES 2

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Ammonite 

First, go into settings and make sure Data Roaming is turned on. Then, go into network settings, turn off automatic and choose T-Mobile, then reboot. You should be up and running after that if you purchased a US package or have a US plan

Ammonite
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hang on - the address search in the map seems to be working now (i.e., all grey areas do say that there is roaming)

Need Help? Let's chat.