cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus

Cbgirl1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Will there be holiday bonuses this year? 

27 REPLIES 27

@Anonymous wrote:

what is mean !! ,, to getting holiday Bonus be "bought" is it a joke..

Why would 'buying' a holiday gift be a joke?

They way I understand, PM's gift will have a cost of $0 for limited time. You have to 'buy' that add-on the way add-ons are bought.

Do you expect PM to give gifts to every single PM customer? WHY? Not everybody needs offered gifts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : Since you seem convinced that I'm somehow some kind of (Edit: as you call) "Special member" the following describes the image you linked to.

I'm a low usage user. And I have 3 accounts. This is my main account that I started with. I have used promo data and gifts from the other accounts.
From the top:
1 and 2 are Xmas 2019 - "buy"
3 and 4 are Xmas 2020 - "buy"
5 and 8 and 9 were the BC/AB competitive gifts - reply to a text
6 is the summer 2019 gift - automatic
7 was my first data purchase and a mod had kindly added a gig to it as a thank you for my honesty on an incorrectly addressed pm

My other two accounts got much of these and also reactivation gifts of 500 Canada minutes

The others are plan and purchased.

@Anonymous 

The reason I frequently remind new members or first time posters when they ask about promos for existing customers to check back in December and/or frequent the community at least once a month is so they can be aware of what pm is currently offering be it freebies, newly updated plans or the contests that used to occur on an almost monthly basis.

Had you participated on a regular basis (You did for awhile a couple years ago)in the community you could have won some freebies.....they gave away an entire year of service ($600) 2 years ago this month. The bf won a $50 amazon gift card in the first contest he ever entered (and one of the last monthly contests pm held). As did I the month before that.....the "More the merrier" campaign is no different you have to be in to win....in the community to read the announcement that is....

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cbgirl1 

No one know... but if they giving holiday bonus
you will receive automatically...

enjoy your service...

@Anonymous   you really need to go back and change this line.  as confirmed by couple well-respected members here, the add-ons for at least the last 2 years were not automatic.  PM made us "work" to receive the freebie.  We need to make sure new member understand the freebie might not be automatic.   

(and any members who just got 1 bonus in 11 years just further prove that freebies are not automatic   Rookie like me already got two and waiting for my 3rd one 🤣

(and I am pretty certain here no one requires special assistance here and hence ..there are no Special members here.. 🤣)

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@walker1 @CountyDownIeUk 

You jokers!!!  😂  Didn't you hear?  Public Mobile will be releasing their own payment system... haha

@hairbag1 

Thank for posting those details from last year!  Great to remind us what was there and mayyybe what bonus we'll have to look forward to.  To be honest, for a moment I thought that reference of "today" meant NOW and started to get all excited to- oh wait, it was from last year.  🙂

BlueB

@Anonymous 

It's clear that you're misunderstanding what has been said.  There are no "special members" because every existing Public Mobile has an equal opportunity to receive those free bonuses if they become available.  🙂

If you're having issues, you may want to reach out to a CS Agent, or otherwise feel free to use Google Translate if it helps to translate our messages into a language you're more comfortable with.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous @hairbag1 @BlueB 

i don't understand why public mobile distributed to Special member... i'm with public mobile 11 years, and with 5 line,,,, only getting free 1GB for one time for 11 years

and never getting what you say and your post about all gifts, so how you getting that ?

images by z10user4 - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@J_PM 

why public mobile distributed to Special member....that is wrong...public mobile have to giving Holiday Giveaway to all customer Canada-wide...

Why are you complaining about offer of free gifts ? No need to pester Jade or anyone else for that matter. You must have missed the More is Merrier gifts from last year...you snooze, you loose, amigo.  🙃

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i don't understand why public mobile distributed to Special member... i'm with public mobile 11 years, and with 5 line,,,, only getting free 1GB for one time for 11 years

and never getting what you say and your post about all gifts, so how you getting that ?

@J_PM 

why public mobile distributed to Special member....that is wrong...public mobile have to giving Holiday Giveaway to all customer Canada-wide...

@Anonymous : Ya snooze, ya lose. After the gift time period expired we had all kinds of complaints about not getting them. Oh well. Tough toodles. This is nothing about (Edit: what you call) a "Special member". You simply didn't notice or as usual mis-interpreted and missed out. Sucks to be you.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous: You're mis-interpreting ...again. Last Xmas, the gifts had to be "bought" as an add-on as one example.

@Anonymous @hairbag1 

Here's the details for last years More Is Merrier campaign...

Available today until December 31st, 11:59PM EST, all new and existing customers can get a free 2GB data add-on, 500 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 131 Amazon gift cards. 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM 

BlueB

@Anonymous 

What @Anonymous and @hairbag1 said is correct, and can be a little confusing if you don't understand what they're actually saying.  It's not a cruel joke, but the way Public Mobile has decided to distribute these free bonuses means that you actually need to do something to have these active on your account.  In other words, if you sit there and never log on and access those bonuses, they won't be on your account.

Public Mobile may change anything and everything this year.  That's part of the fun, the surprise, so hopefully you'll enjoy the fun too!  🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous: You're mis-interpreting ...again. Last Xmas, the gifts had to be "bought" as an add-on as one example.

@Anonymous @hairbag1 

Try to understand...not a joke. Some previous freebies were free...but you had to go through the steps to "buy" them. Cost for the freebie was free. Are you still confused ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous @hairbag1 

@Anonymous : Sooo ... you're providing an opinion as to how they give their gifts? How nice.

The first gift  that came after my arrival was automatic. Then Xmas 2019 was "buying" them as add-ons. Then Xmas 2020 was the same "buying".

2020 also had some gifts for customers in the west. I think they showed up automatically. Edit: reply to a text

BlueB

@Cbgirl1 

Welcome to the Public Mobile Community!  🙂

I hope there will be bonuses, I know we all love'em.  I'm very curious what any Black Friday sales there may be first, then after that we'll unwrap any holiday bonuses (hopefully)!  😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous @hairbag1 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cbgirl1 : Not all gifts have been distributed automatically. So don't just expect them to show up (if provided of course).

@Anonymous @Cbgirl1 @J_PM 

if all gifts is not distributed automatically.. so why
public mobile distributed to Special member...but that is wrong...public mobile have to giving holiday Bonus to all customer...

@Anonymous : You're mis-interpreting ...again. Last Xmas, the gifts had to be "bought" as an add-on as one example.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cbgirl1 : Not all gifts have been distributed automatically. So don't just expect them to show up (if provided of course).

public mobile distributed to Special member...but that is wrong...public mobile have to giving holiday Bonus to all customer...

Some of the past freebies had to be "applied for" in order to get them on your account. They were free...but you had to buy them...sorta.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cbgirl1 

No one know... but if they giving holiday bonus
you will receive automatically...

enjoy your service...

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I hope PM does a giveaway bonus this year! It will be a big help to the community for sure.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Cbgirl1 wrote:

Will there be holiday bonuses this year? 

No Crystal ball.. we don't know yet.. just like we don't know if Santa will come and give us Xmas gift  🙂

Last year, it was announced on Dec 1.  So, maybe another 11 days.. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Cbgirl1 

Hi "Cape Breton girl". (perhaps??)

I'm going to go out on the limb and say, "yes", they'll have holiday freebies this year.

Think positive thoughts!!!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM has given out freebies the last two years.  Hopefully they will continue for this year.  I think they usually make an announcement near end of November or early December.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Cbgirl1 ]

No formal announcement yet.  It has happened the last couple of years.  We will likely find out in the next few weeks anyways.  

Need Help? Let's chat.