cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q about using vouchers & Autopay

DanielB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. Not a customer yet but will likely be coming aboard soon as my annual PC Mobile prepaid topup is a few weeks away from expiry. I saw it mentioned in another thread here that CCS has a promo right now whereby those activating new PM SIM cards can also order PM vouchers at 10% off ($10 vouchers for $9). I understand vouchers are generally used by people who don't have a credit card to pay for their phone service. I have a cc so was planning to take advantage of PM's $2-off-per-month Autopay Discount ("APD") in conjunction with a $15/month plan - but as $2 APD > $1 voucher savings (per month in this case), I was initially thinking that these discounted vouchers would be of no benefit to me...

But would I be correct in thinking that buying Add-ons is the ideal use of discounted vouchers in an APD scenario? For instance, I could buy $30-worth of vouchers for $27, and then redeem them for 2x 1GB data ($15ea). Or buy $20-worth for $18 so that I could add 1x 1GB data + 1x 500 Canada-wide minutes ($5) to my account.

Actually, can we even buy 2x 1GB data in one go or do we have to use up the first addon before we can buy another? Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

@DanielB 

The vouchers you would purchase ahead of time would be loaded onto your account at activation and would be in your available funds in your balance. These could be used to purchase add ons or pay for your plan at renewal. You would still register your card for autopay to recieve the $2 reward and the autopay data bonus (500mb on plans $25+/250mb on the $15 plan*). Upon renewal pm takes your plan amount from your available funds in your balance first. If any amount remains outstanding it will charge your autopay card.

*The $15 plan automatically gets the 250mb autopay bonus. Registering a card for autopay is only required to recieve the $2 reward.

Taking advantage of this new offer by CCS is a good way of saving 10%+(pst?) on your future renewals or purchases. If you know you are planning to stay with pm then purchasing ahead of time as much as you can afford is a great idea just keep in mind they are not refundable if you choose to leave or you suspend your account and forget to unsuspend before 90 days has passed.

Since this offer by CCS is until supplies last purchasing sooner rather than later is imperative. If you read my earlier posts about maximizing savings by purchasing a larger data plan and then downgrading by scheduling a change plan on next renewal then carefully consider the initial plan you choose when you order your activation bundle.

Don't worry too much about activating on CCS's current offers as they honour any current offer on their website or offered by pm that is eligible for in store activations (vs online) at the time you send your info to CCS to activate your sim card after it arrives via Canada Post. You can wait for the right promo to come along to activate.

You will have to activate with a temporary number (CCS chooses one for you) and then contact customer support to transfer your number from pc mobility. You cannot perform a number transfer yourself thru your self serve account for numbers from pc mobility or koodo prepaid accounts.

To maximize savings it is best to wait for the free month credit promo ( either 2nd or 3rd month). Usually by the week preceding Xmas ( around December 20th) pm will offer a free month promo and a 5gb bonus data add on for $25+ plans. The terms and conditions will usually state that changing your plan will cause the loss of the bonus data. In our experience the following holds true but as always it is YMMV so you must make this decision yourself and accept the result.

1. 99% of the time when changing plans a promotional bonus data add on will stay on your account after changing plans.
  2. 99% of the time when changing plans a promotional reoccurring bonus plan data will be lost after changing plans.

When taking advantage of a free month credit the amount credited to your account is based on the plan you activate on regardless of what your plan is when the promotional bonus is credited to your account. For example:

You order the $50 plan activation bundle w/free sim card $50 - $10(20% discount)=$40+tax. Your account will be credited with following :

$50 (free month)+$10 (bonus referral credit)=$60+$2 (autopay reward upon renewal)=$62 After you recieve the 5gb bonus data add on (if applicable) you schedule a change plan on next renewal to the $25 plan (or whatever plan you like). You will then be debited for renewals as follows:

$62 (account credit) - $25(1st renewal)=$37+$2(autopay reward)=$39 - $25(2nd renewal)=$14 +$2(autopay)=$16 (You add $9 or voucher credits that you ordered ahead of time that were added at the time of activation.) $16+$9=$25 - $25 (3rd renewal)=$0 (or the balance of your pre-ordered pm vouchers ie. $1 if you had ordered 1×$10 discounted voucher=$9 paid out.)

Cost: $40+$9+tax=$49 for your first month of the $50/10.5gb plan and 3 months×$25 plan+5gb bonus data add on (value=$75)🤞Total value including free sim card $210. If we also get "More the Merrier" free gifts like last year of a 2gb bonus data add on ($30) and 500 international long distance minutes add on ($25)  then $210+$55=$265 of plan costs and add ons for $49+tax investment.

Feel free to private message me if you have any further questions on how to take advantage of these savings. I am always happy to help. Welcome to public mobile!

@Anonymous 

Nope not me!

Only when OP ask for one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@DanielB 

about vouchers i don't advice go with Autopay much better...

@DanielB : Until it fails leaving you with no service. This could be from your card expiring or locked thinking of fraud or you move. These would be no fault of this place. Then this place might be slow some nights in processing all the renewals. So some people do the hydrid method. Think of it as just paying another bill for the month. You get the heads up text and then you pay it. But keep the autopay feature enabled for the $2 reward.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DanielB 

about vouchers i don't advice go with Autopay much better...

*important to you know about*

Make sure the old SIM card in your phone when you're Transfer your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

to get a New SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store or gas station near you and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click Here link 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

or 

Too easy buy it online or in store visit Here link, or Pickup 1-2 Hours.

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $60 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service you will be very happy...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : But not unsolicited!

@DanielB : Either ask openly and take the first one (or whichever one you like) or ask in private message. If you receive them before asking then those people are not following the rules.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DanielB 

Yes, you can purchase the data with the vouchers with CCS but with AutoPay you need a CC on file for the $2/month credit.

On top of that, if you get a referral code from a PM member, you get $10 your 2nd month bill. Referral code is available from any PM members. 😉😉😉

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@DanielB   As long as there is a credit card on file, and Autopay enabled you can enjoy the $2 off. ..  EVEN you load voucher into your account monthly and automatic payment never triggered!!

In fact, some customers are doing this already, have Autopay enabled and they load the fund into the account ahead of renewal date.  This is a good practice too.  Sometime Autopay does fail, by loading fund ahead, you avoid any service interruption.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can purchase 2x 1GB data-on at the same time.  It will appear in your account as a combined total of 2048.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@DanielB wrote:

Hi. Not a customer yet but will likely be coming aboard soon as my annual PC Mobile prepaid topup is a few weeks away from expiry. I saw it mentioned in another thread here that CCS has a promo right now whereby those activating new PM SIM cards can also order PM vouchers at 10% off ($10 vouchers for $9). I understand vouchers are generally used by people who don't have a credit card to pay for their phone service. I have a cc so was planning to take advantage of PM's $2-off-per-month Autopay Discount ("APD") in conjunction with a $15/month plan - but as $2 APD > $1 voucher savings (per month in this case), I was initially thinking that these discounted vouchers would be of no benefit to me...

But would I be correct in thinking that buying Add-ons is the ideal use of discounted vouchers in an APD scenario? For instance, I could buy $30-worth of vouchers for $27, and then redeem them for 2x 1GB data ($15ea). Or buy $20-worth for $18 so that I could add 1x 1GB data + 1x 500 Canada-wide minutes ($5) to my account. Exactly, and you may save on the provincial taxes too if you don't live in Ontario

Actually, can we even buy 2x 1GB data in one go or do we have to use up the first addon before we can buy another? Yes, you can. Thanks.

@DanielB 

Yes, you can set up autopay to get the $2 "monthly" credit and use vouchers at the same time. That's exactly what I'm doing when I find vouchers at a discount, just buy and load them to your account, they'll stay in Available funds for future use (buying add-ons or plan renewal payments).

But keep in mind that if you ever want to leave PM and close your account, the cash balance won't be refunded.

Need Help? Let's chat.