cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus gifts?

tweakthis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is it just me or has it been a few years since members were gifted with an extra data or phone call gift. 😞

I have every appreciation for Public Mobile, and do enjoy my discounted prices for referrals, etc. But I also enjoyed the occasional gift of extra data or phone call time. 

20 REPLIES 20

Good observation @dabr .  

@tweakthis probably oracle just clicked something wrong.. no worry. what you posted was all good 🙂

@tweakthis    While your post does seem to note an edit done by Dunkman today, I don't see anything edited out as @hTideGnow   quoted your post in his response.   I also don't seeing anything that would need an edit from the quoted text either.  A little curious though...

tweakthis

To Dunkman: Hi. Why was my messaged edited and how was it changed? Thanks.

@tweakthis   No, nothing for this summer.  My comment earlier was referring to PM's first gift of 1GB data given during the 2019 summer period.  Since then, it seems they've opted to give out these gifts during the xmas holidays instead.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

The last summer freebies I got was like 3 years ago. 

I dont think they were referring to this summer (Although I guess it is possible) Keep your eyes peeled in December and sign into self serve and hopefully there will be something there for most/all.

I've not heard of a freebie this summer. Maybe there's one in a particular province. But I think I would have read about it here.

tweakthis

Hi. Thanks for your input.

So you received a bonus this summer? How do you know/see that it was given? Thanks!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tweakthis 

You should contact customer support to see if these text messages are blocked for some reason. The text with the 2021 "more is merrier" add on gifts was recieved from short code 4911. Unlike previous years these add ons can still be added to accounts. Not to say that they will but it can't hurt to ask since you didn't recieve a text message you couldn't reply YES to get it. Though from now on in you should always visit the community in early December to see if there's anything under the tree with a bow and your name on it.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@tweakthis   That's unfortunate that you and your husband have missed out on the free holiday gifts from PM.  Those texts were usually received from shortcodes 5191 and 4911 I think.  

Going forward, depending on whether PM still carries on the tradition, it's best to come to the community forum towards the last week of Nov or early Dec, as PM will usually post an announcement about the holiday gifts which also require you to log into the account to redeem or respond with a Yes to the text that is sent.  I believe only the very first summer gifted data was added to customers account without the need to redeem or respond.

edit:  BTW the gifts aren't dependent upon loyalty, you just need your account to be active during the period the gifts are available.

tweakthis

Yes. We both get the message about account due and when it is paid. And the messages that say "If you are not happy.... blah blah." No other messages. I've checked my settings and don't have messages blocked. 

tweakthis

Hmmm, I wonder if it has to do with loyalty time? I did get the message the first, and maybe the second year, but not after that. Same for my husband. 😞

@tweakthis wrote:

How can you act on them if you don't get a message? I have acted on the messages I've received, but it has been a few years since I got one. 😞

Hi @tweakthis   It's too late now.

Are you getting other PM text like those monthly one about your account is renewed ?  Some people blocked 611 and hence not getting it.  From what I know , everyone got the text.

tweakthis

😞 Thanks.

tweakthis

How can you act on them if you don't get a message? I have acted on the messages I've received, but it has been a few years since I got one. 😞

tweakthis

Aww. No. I did have not received a message re a bonus for a couple/few of years now. 😞 Neither has my husband, who is also a PM member.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@tweakthis wrote:

Is it just me or has it been a few years since members were gifted with an extra data or phone call gift. 😞

I have every appreciation for Public Mobile, and do enjoy my discounted prices for referrals, etc. But I also enjoyed the occasional gift of extra data or phone call time. 

HI @tweakthis   that probably just you 🤣   We all got the Christmas bonus last Dec and 2 more Christmas before that

You didn't claim the one from Dec?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There have been data and minutes given out in past years in December.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It's just you apparently.

Summer 2019, Xmas 2019, a competitive gift in 2020 for some, Xmas 2020, Xmas 2021.

Some just appeared in the account. Some you had to act on.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@tweakthis they have given bonus data and ld calling every year at Christmas time for the last few years you had to go in your account and claim it

Need Help? Let's chat.