cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals - Process Broken??

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I gave a friend my referral code and he used it. I can see the SIM card has been used and I have his last 4 digits of phone number. BUT it does not show in My Rewards. Is this process glitched too?

15 REPLIES 15

@CountyDownIeUk    Over the last few months I've actually received texts notifying me that my referral will be less due to inactivity (suspension) and another one received couple of days ago letting me that one referral "has left us".  The latter text was kinda funny as that user had only just posted a few days ago requesting a referral code in the community.  Oh well, easy come easy go..  😉

The process now is not good. There needs to be some improvements, preferably on the My Rewards, Referrals to note the differences so we can have confidence in the system. And they could run  a "program" picking up the discrepancies and solve the issues, if any. 

All good except 1 account with $1 less in rewards. Likely, that account is suspended atm. But you are right, I haven't seen a referral text in a while. We used to get texts for ghost referrals, but now nothing comes through 🤔

I don't know what to do or what to say!!! But I do now this....won't be contacting a CSA. 

I just verified all of my 3 accounts for referrals. 

1. 11 numbers with a $9 credit - no texts of losing a referral 

2. 11 numbers with a $11 credit. - woohoo!

3. 3 numbers with a $2 credit. - no texts of loosing a referral ... my issue though ... my device does not accept texts. 

I would suggest that others check their accounts for referral rewards. 

@esjliv 

The new referral will likely be a write off as I don't plan to pursue it. This morning still not there. 

The imbalance on my account $2 showing but have 3 referral numbers. A CSA sees the same as us and the initial help was rudimentary and deflecting back to me to self solve (any steps I could take, I did before I submitted a ticket) with no resolution and has to be escalated to some one that can see the full phone number and verity the status. That apparently will take 5 days because there is a back log of escalated issues. And I had to push for that as it was not a resolution the CSA was offering. And then what I have read here...will it be fixed....will I get a legitimate explanation (<= preferred)....will I lose all? Usually the quality of help and resolution from a CSA is good but I cannot say so this time. And it appears to be a detrimental PM process that makes me feel that way.....not directly caused by the CSA. Once in hear in 5 days or so...it will be the last time I ever pursue for assistance for referrals.  

For some reason "if" PM put the status of each referral in our My Rewards.....we cannot be trusted with that information? Or to put a note in that section saying that you have 10 referrals and $8 credit for your next billing and you have 2 referrals suspended. Like at least let us know what's up!!

And they can't trust a CSA either, with that information?

I guess a number of us have been through about 3 system upgrades. Sure there is some good stuff in it but there are lots of hooks and snags in it too. This last one is very very very disappointing. 

@esjliv 

I erred...only last 4 digits of number. I have fixed the OP. 

You can check to see if a SIM card has been used by trying to activate it......if it is good (unactivated) you will get a green check and if it has been activated you will get a red exclamation mark. 

No cannot see all that stuff on my account...should only see xxx-xxx-1234.  

I have another issue with my referrals 3 numbers listed and only $2 showing. Am working with a CSA and so far getting  no where. 

As far as the new referral it looks like I cannot pursue it and the new customer will have to. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

I gave a friend my referral code and he used it. I can see the SIM card has been used and I have his full phone number. BUT it does not show in My Rewards. Is this process glitched too?

@CountyDownIeUk  - what do you mean by your statement in red? 

Where do you see the SIM card and his full phone number...are you looking in the newly activated self serve account of your friend's? I can't imagine this info. would be on your account.

Let us know when you see the $1 in your My Rewards if no CSA is not involved. Curious if there is a delay now.

If CSA is contacted, what do they have to say, I wonder. 🤔

If you have a spare sim around (who amongst us doesn't? 🙂 ) then you can do a test run activation all the way up until payment. You can test the referral code variations. You can also test variations of promo codes on plan prices. Don't pay. Then just close the tab/page/browser. 

@CountyDownIeUk He would need to submit the ticket 

Thanks. Either wrong code or the process is screwed up as many other things are, with the new and improved!! Of which is likely as well under the new conditions.  

My referral code is all letters which is good...the only thing, possibly, is the Z could have been entered as a 2 but only if that could is valid. I will wait ... not for 3 days though....and submit. But should he or I submit??

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Maybe new site and system takes time to refresh referrals.

Take screenshot and either wait few more days or next renewal or contact agent asap.

It will be nice if you report here what was outcome and why it does not show instantaneously as before.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @CountyDownIeUk you should see it immediately.   Let's hope he didn't enter the wrong code and someone else collecting the $1

If it has been 3 days, just open ticket with CS agent

SC5nV
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

He had issues with the dollars and points

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Was today....BUT the old process was INSTANT for the number to show in My Rewards. The $10 was usually the next day and the Welcome reward can take 2-3 days. 

Was your friends issue with the last 4 digits of phone showing in My Rewards or the dollars and points?

SC5nV
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi CountyDownIeUk,

How long was this ago? I recommend waiting 24-48hrs for the system to process this to your profile (my friend had a similar issue a while back). If there's no change in your account, then you should contact a Public Mobile CSA.

Need Help? Let's chat.