cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay didn’t work so account suspended. When I try to pay, it says something went wrong

Laurie8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Autopay didn’t work so account suspended. When I try to pay, it says something went wrong. I’ve tried a different cc but same thing happens again. 

This has  happened on two family accounts so far. 

15 REPLIES 15

Tezz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Where do I get one ?? I cannot afford another voucher

Laurie8

They have different renewal dates and auto-renew has always worked before so I’m not sure what’s changed unless maybe there’s a new system and it dropped my name and put the account holder’s name in the credit card information section.

Customer service replied pretty quickly and was pleasant to deal with.

Thanks for the link to customer service.

Laurie8

Yes, I’d also contact customer service via reply from a previous message from months ago. They suggested the same things and then also tried the voucher number but it didn’t work so tried the other 12 digit number and it worked.

Laurie8

I entered the voucher number but it turns out it was another 12 digit number that needed to be used, labelled the PIN on the receipt from No Frills. 

@Laurie8 wrote:

Thank you everyone for your replies. I tried everything and nothing worked then finally got to a store and bought a voucher but it didn’t initially work because I entered the voucher number instead of another number. Very frustrating. I hope this doesn’t keep happening!

@Laurie8 

Edit, whoops, thought Handy1 provided methods to contact CSA. Did you already submit a ticket for help? 

You said you have had more than one accounts with this issue? Do they all have the same renewal date?

Are services working now since you obtained a voucher?

If still issues, contact ­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Hi @Laurie8 So, yiu entered the correct voucher number in the end to top up and resume service or not?

Where you got the voucher from?  there might be a wait time before it can be used 

Laurie8

Thank you everyone for your replies. I tried everything and nothing worked then finally got to a store and bought a voucher but it didn’t initially work because I entered the voucher number instead of another number. Very frustrating. I hope this doesn’t keep happening!

@Laurie8 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried to change the payment method but it didn’t accept that either. The phone isn’t working, can’t make calls.

I tried to pay online and by phone. How do you get a voucher?

@Laurie8   Best to get vouchers from Shoppers drug mart/711/Shell/London drug as their voucher can be used immediately.  Vouchers from other stores might have a 24 hours wait time and you probably don't want to way

You can also get vouchers online (with a fee) from recharge.com or ding.com

@Laurie8  You can get vouchers at Canadian tire , shell gas  stations … 7-11 stores 

@Laurie8 

Customer service agents take a few hours to respond.  Check the envelope icon on upper right corner of website.  

The website is finicky.  Did you try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode as recommended earlier.  

Payment vouchers can be purchased in store (ie. Shoppers, gas stations, Canadian tire) or online (recharge.com - service fee applies).  That would get your service working sooner until the credit card issue is dealt with. 

Laurie8

Thanks

Do you know how long to wait? I’ve been trying since last night.

I tried calling and renewing online and no luck. Tried two diff cards. 

Laurie8

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried to change the payment method but it didn’t accept that either. The phone isn’t working, can’t make calls.

I tried to pay online and by phone. How do you get a voucher?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Laurie8 

Try clearing your browser's cache, or try a different browser or device. Or, open a tab in incognito mode and access My Account that way.

If today is your renewal and the message is saying "Suspended" there may be a period of time you cannot add funds to your account today. So wait a bit to try again.

If issue persists in another hour or so, then get help via CSA (customer support) by methods provided by @Handy1 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Laurie8  

Auto pay can fail

To make payment and reactivate plan .. if you know PIN number you can *611 with a voucher and *611  no PIN needed . You can also do this by by calling 18554PUBLIC . otherwise log into self serve make manual payment and reactivate service and or update credit card if necessary

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1678030511467.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

If you  still have service and your plan renews today / tomorrow you can ignore this suspended notice

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

you need to contact an agent

Need Help? Let's chat.