cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Pay issue

arashrocky
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there. I would like to change my debit card I use for auto pay with a credit card, but when I remove the auto pay and try to set it again with the credit card, it does not allow me to enter new card and simply provide the one I entered at first place.

Besides, when I activate the auto pay, the free internet would not become activated.

49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

@arashrocky : Can you get the specific detailed model number from that phone? Like ZD something or other? There are variants of this phone and some may work. But maybe yours is one that doesn't.

@arashrocky 

Are you in big city in Ontario?

But , look like your APN is not setup properly still

Can you try to add new APN like this:

go to Settings – Connections – Mobile networks – Access Point Names.

From here press Add or the Plus sign at the top right and select New APN.

Then fill in the details your carrier gave you. Then press the menu button and press Save.

If you cannot, and  you have not used this phone for too long , try to reset the network connection first (but you will loss you preset Wifi and you will need to resetup them up)

If still fail, and if you don't mind the trouble, backup your data and try to do a factory reset.    But if you are trying factory reset , DO You restore your data right a way.  Try the Data network first to see if it connects.  

arashrocky

Ontario

@arashrocky   your phone does not have all the required bands for PM

softech_0-1642304519810.png

And which province you are at?

For data (LTE), it should have B4 or B12 for minimum coverage, but you lack both of them

even voice (3G), it might not work great because it only has 1 of the 2 bands for voice 

Do you have another phone to test out the PM connection?

arashrocky

right. I have not used this Asus Zenfone4Selfie with PublicMobile before. So from the moment I inserted the sim card into my phone, the seller showed that the mobile network is on and internet may be accessible as soon as i register for auto pay option using a credit card, which I made it according to previous hints.

@arashrocky   tell us what model is your phone?  Some are easy some are trickier

Again, Data NEVER works on PM before with your current phone, right?

arashrocky

I proceeded with the procedure you mentioned and found out that there is not an "APN: sp.mb.com" on my APNs. and there is not any option to create a new APN there. so what should I do?!

@arashrocky  did you use this phone for Data on PM before?  It suddenly stopped working or it never works on PM network?

what kind of phone is that ? brand and model?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@arashrocky 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,history usage any left data

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

*for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges...

arashrocky

the Public Mobile sim card is showing to have full antenna access,  and I am able to have incoming and outgoing calls and capable of send and receive sms.

So I guess the problem should be around the mobile network configuration. My cellphone was set to prefer 4G type of internet network which I changed to 3G (as the bonus was advertising to provide 3G internet). Also, there are two Access Point Names which are "TELUS SP" and "Koodo". I chose either of them but still none gave me any internet access.

@esjliv wrote:

@arashrocky  - I would say you exactly found your solution!

Then the Accepted solution was not the correct one?  LoL

@arashrocky  - I would say you exactly found your solution!

Yup with visual and all, that is where you go. 🙂

As for Data is your Data option turn on in the settings of your device?

If so, and still not working, perform a Reset of your Network Settings:

iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

If still not working after this, check the apn settings, see here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?q=apn

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@arashrocky   Your data is not working.  How about voice calls ?  incoming and outgoing working?  what is the account status? Active or Suspended?

Please check and let us know

arashrocky

Thank you for your comprehensive reply "S--S".

Honestly, within all the possibilities you mentioned, I realized that the "Manage my card" is only available below the "Make a Payment" tab in a small font size. and as "darlicious" demonstrated, the rest is just as the photo they attached. So I successfully managed to change the my debit card to credit card.

Having solved this card changing issue,I am working around to find out why the mobile data is not getting activated?!

(screenshot removed for privacy reasons)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@arashrocky 

Follow this method.

Spoiler

I just click on one time payment and in the middle of the page you can click on manage my card. Then I follow this procedure....

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from customer support.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

Or you can go to edit my profile and in the top right corner there is a reminder to update your credit card address "here".....click on that link to be brought to the following page. Employ the same method as in the spoiler.

darlicious_0-1642195077285.png

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@arashrocky 

Accepted payments(publicmobile.ca)

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network.(if you needed)

and log in and re-entered your credit details,

just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same,

sometime your typing but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or missing just make sure for it.

How To Update or Remove Your Payment

Follow these steps:

1. sign in to Self-Serve.  Once signed in,

2. click on the ‘Payment’ tab,

then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’.

you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, or ‘Remove this card’.

You will need to review and confirm this change to your account,

after you Add your credit card go back,

• Click on Payment
  • Make a Payment
  • one Time Payment 
  • Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )
  • you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra
  • Click ‘Submit’,
  • after payment successful,  you have to do Rebooting your phone
    what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.
  • and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$$ has the amount left, and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

and if can't fix it you need To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.

Verify your identity (publicmobile.ca)

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@arashrocky 

Once you have the new card set up for autopay, we can investigate the free internet issue.

@arashrocky wrote:

Hi there. I would like to change my debit card I use for auto pay with a credit card, but when I remove the auto pay and try to set it again with the credit card, it does not allow me to enter new card and simply provide the one I entered at first place.

Besides, when I activate the auto pay, the free internet would not become activated.

Temporarily disabling autopay doesn't cause you to lose any bonus data. I'm wondering if you've only disabled autopay but still left the old card on the account.  You'll need to use the "manage card" option to first remove the old one before you can add the new credit card.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@arashrocky 

You can definitely add a new card to auto-pay, I just tried right now. Please try using a different browser, and post screenshots (not showing any personal information!) if you get stuck so we can help you further.

Need Help? Let's chat.