cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange phone

Spaul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I placed an order for a pre certified Samsung phone on Nov 21, 2021 and received the  phone on December 1, 2021. Now as a long time iPhone user we are having problem with the Samsung phone with iMessages etc. We would like to exchange the phone with an iPhone. Even 30 days are over can we exchange the phone?

thank you.

14 REPLIES 14

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Spaul Almost 2 months, not phone problem, just you don't like it.  Don't you feel bad for asking for an exchange?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Spaul wrote:

I placed an order for a pre certified Samsung phone on Nov 21, 2021 and received the  phone on December 1, 2021. Now as a long time iPhone user we are having problem with the Samsung phone with iMessages etc. We would like to exchange the phone with an iPhone. Even 30 days are over can we exchange the phone?

thank you.

@Spaul  - perhaps there is a setting, in either the Samsung or iphone devices that could help fix you with this issue.

For example, sometimes the Chat Features on android devices can bugger up whether you can send/receive messages successfully through wifi/data. So try turning of this feature if you have it on the Samsung phone.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

For the iphone

If you turn your data off occasionally, then try turning off iMessage altogether and use regular text messaging instead.

To do this, go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage off.

If you prefer to use iMessage, then you can perform the following steps to fix the issue:

1. Connect to the internet using WiFi or Data.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage OFF.
  3. Turn your iPhone off completely, then turn it back on.
  4. Go back into Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage ON.
  5. Make sure “Send as SMS” is also turned ON.

@ShawnC13 

LoL, I hit Reply too fast without proof reading! Common thing I do at work as well.

😉

@BKNS27 wrote:

@ShawnC13 

PM refurbished phones have a 30 days refund and exchange.

@BKNS27 yes I know that is why I said it was past the return window but your original post before you edited said it was possible and to just contact the CSA.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@BKNS27 wrote:

@ShawnC13 

@BKNS27   But OP ordered  Nov 21, 2021 and received on December 1, 2021,  passed the 30 days already

@ShawnC13 

Spaul

Thank you all for your quick responses. I sent a PM to an agent and waiting for the response.

@Spaul 

I have both Samsung phones and iPhones and I don’t see a difference between the two messaging app. On iPhones, replies from Androids come in as green bubble rather than blue bubble from iMessage.

@Spaul wrote:

In addition to iMessage I am not comfortable with the Samsung phone. I would prefer to exchange it if possible. Thanks

@Spaul 

You missed the 30 days period for full refund.

Which Samsung phone you got?  I suggest you to consider selling your phone via Kijiji and marketplace.  Or sell it to a close friend for a bit higher as you can offer to assist with the 1 year warranty in case something wrong for the remaining of the warranty period.   You might loss a bit of money but at least you will get something out of it.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Spaul You'll need to contact support and see what they say. Here on the forums we are just customers like you. 

Contact customer service agents.

Open a ticket via:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)

Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

Spaul

In addition to iMessage I am not comfortable with the Samsung phone. I would prefer to exchange it if possible. Thanks

@BKNS27 are you positive they will accept a return outside the 30 days?  Terms and Conditions state 30 days from purchase date is the return window

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Spaul 

There is a 30 days refund and you have pass the refund period. It has been 60 days.

BTW, Android phones do not use iMessage. 
The messaging is the Samsung Message.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Spaul unfortunately the return period is 30 days from date of purchase 

ShawnC13_0-1642739179033.png

What issues are you having?  As I haven't used an iPhone for many many years so no recent experience with it but I don't think iMessage works with Android.  Maybe we can help with your problem

Edit to add:  Here is a link I found that I guess there are some third-party apps that might help you out.  Apple iMessage on Android: A Step-by-Step Guide | Reviews.org

Need Help? Let's chat.