cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual SIM (Telus eSIM + PM physical SIM) not working with Google Chat Features

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello, I recently got a new phone (Pixel 6 Pro) to replace 2 other phones I was using. My new phone supports dual SIM cards. I am currently using a Telus eSIM as my primary line combined with a Public Mobile physical SIM card. I can receive calls and texts on both of my lines with no issues, but when I go into my messages settings to enable Chat Features (RCS), it says that my phone doesn't support that feature. When I disable either SIM card on the phone, this feature starts working for me, but I can't seem to get this feature to work when both SIMs are active. Does anyone know how to get this to work for both SIMs at the same time?

9 REPLIES 9

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

My TELUS line gives me 60 GB of data a month, and Public Mobile line is only giving me 250 MB/month, so needless to say which line I have set for data. I was just hoping to have my PM line work with RCS as well, but I guess I will delegate that to my TELUS line. I can live with SMS for my PM line. PM is the number I use mostly for text and calls though, while TELUS is primarily used for my data.

Can you please check if you can receive MMS type msg on PM number while your active data line is of TELUS?

@WoozyPolarBear   Yup, I understand , but the limitation is not with the app but with the active data connection

The one with the SIM that does not have the data enabled can still receive the message when it is back on Wifi  🙂

WoozyPolarBear

My TELUS line gives me 60 GB of data a month, and Public Mobile line is only giving me 250 MB/month, so needless to say which line I have set for data. I was just hoping to have my PM line work with RCS as well, but I guess I will delegate that to my TELUS line. I can live with SMS for my PM line. PM is the number I use mostly for text and calls though, while TELUS is primarily used for my data.

@WoozyPolarBear   you dual sim phone can only set to have one Data enabled at a time.  It is a limitation of your phone.  i believe there is not too many , if any, that support data enabled on both SIM at the same time. So, you can only enable one SIM for data at a time.  The one that doesn't have data enabled cannot get the RCS message 

0PX9O4

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

Well, I have tested sending SMS and MMS messages from both lines, and it does work. The only thing not working is the RCS/Chat Features.

Exactly, you will not be able to enable chat features for more than 1 phone number at a time in the app. This is by the app's design, and hopefully will change in the future.

WoozyPolarBear

@softech wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear 

Most phones on the market now does not support dual data connection.  

Oh, so are you saying whatever line I have set as the active data line, will also be the only line that can work with RCS?

WoozyPolarBear

Well, I have tested sending SMS and MMS messages from both lines, and it does work. The only thing not working is the RCS/Chat Features.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@WoozyPolarBear 

Most phones on the market now does not support dual data connection.  

0PX9O4

@WoozyPolarBear 

This is a limitation of the Google Messaging app. It doesn't currently work with 2 different SIM cards (and phone numbers) at the same time.

Need Help? Let's chat.