cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting To Register a Refer-A-Friend Reward After Activation

JimFawson1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone account was transferred on March 5/22 from Bell to Public at a Koodoo kiosk in a shopping center. The reps indicated that the referral code (Rxxxxx) did not work. This code was from my brother's account which he has had for over a year. I have been attempting to initiate this reward using the on-line account services but there appears to be no facility to enter this reward type after activation has taken place. My brother managed to message back and forth with a Public Mobile CS Agent by the name of Violette, who advised him that she needed a message from me on my community account indicating that we tried to use the Refer-A-Friend code at the time of account activation. Well, here is the confirmation that we did try to use the code but it was rejected by the Public account activation process. Or maybe the Koodoo rep just punched in the wrong code? Or maybe the Public rewards program is a major scam that doesn't actually work? I have three other Bell accounts that I was prepared to move to Public but I am now extremely reluctant to move anything further to Public after this experience with the Refer-A-Friend reward. Is there anybody.....ANYBODY......at Public that knows how to resolve this issue?😑

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541  @ShawnC13 @Dunkman 

Could you please edit the OP's post....please and thank you.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JimFawson1 

I suspect as @softech mentioned that there is a problem with the "O" and the zero. When you contact customer support include your brothers phone number so the CSA can verify the referral code is correct. Personally I prefer private message over Simple--Simon. If you dont recieve a reply by the end of the day please update us. There is a small chance you have a glitch in your community account that prevents the customer support team from seeing your messages. Also ensure you have private messages toggled on in your settings of your community account.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@JimFawson1 wrote:

Sorry but I have just tried both of your proposed avenues for solution but neither works. 

I do not think you can enter referral code After account is open. Code has to be provided during account opening so contact agent for assistance. Since YOU want to use code - You have to contact PM agent not other person.

@JimFawson1 wrote:

Sorry but I have just tried both of your proposed avenues for solution but neither works. 

@JimFawson1  You just opened ticket now?  check back the Community inbox, it might take an hour or two for them to reply.

If you didn't get a reply by tomorrow morning, open another ticket again.  But they should reply today

@JimFawson1 

It may take up to a couple of hour for the CS_Agent when they can get back to you.

Keep your eyes on the private messaging envelope icon on top of this page.

JimFawson1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JimFawson1   I wonder if you copied the code wrong, like 0 instead of O?

PM usually ok to help adding the referral back after activation.  But, you , the one who newly joined, should be opening message with PM and not your brother.  So, try top open the ticket with PM yourself and see how it goes.

To open ticket with PM :

1. If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.