cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone going thru renewal right now? Deactivation of suspended accounts timing change.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

I need to know if renewals have already occurred tonight/today. This is a time sensitive question.

Thx!

Edit:

I guess I best explain my question to now serve as a warning to those approaching the 90 day suspension deactivation date. April 25th was the deactivation date for an account I manage. As I have done many times before and in fact did with this account 120 days ago I logged in at midnight eastern to pay and reactivate but I had to change the payment card because of a hold on the card when the system logged me out. I could not log back in as it said it was down for maintenance. I tried to log into a couple of other accounts with the same message.

So I run around getting dressed to ride over to Mobil figuring I will kill 2 birds with one stone and test the instant top up/RTP theory of how to top up and reactivate if both 611 and self serve are down. Mobil was closed (early?!!) so I went kitty corner to 7/11 their machine was down since 9pm.  I tried logging in again to check on another account and it was still down for maintenance.

So I went home to order from muskbird.com and it wasn't letting me pay!! Eventually I used my phone and it accepted payment from PayPal and sent me the voucher pin # one minute later at 1:55am pacific. This time login failed not for maintenance?!! 611 gave me that all too familiar "We are having trouble locating your phone number....?"

I should have had at least another hour to top up and reactivate as has been tested and proven numerous times....6am eastern is the deadline unless renewal payments run late? This obviously is no longer true....deactivation can occur anytime after midnight eastern on your deactivation date. This kind of change in the timing of deactivation should be clearly communicated to customers rather than discovered by trial and error.

Yes I realize I shouldn't have pushed the timing of the reactivation but having a lot on my plate this past week caught up to me but knowing all of the normal timing and how to reactivate by voucher still left me enough time to pay and reactivate.....with more than an hour to spare despite the obstacles encountered along the way. Or so I thought....  ?

Now there's plenty of misinformation floating around the community itself on this issue with many posts without the ability of the author(s) to edit them.

Extra thanks to @HALIMACS for helping me prove my theory! 🤞😪🐯🐈

29 REPLIES 29

Just for the record for any reading this... the following is the confirmed way that PM manages the account charges, renewals, and deactivations:

1. the DAY BEFORE the Renewal date, the system applies all Rewards, including AutoPay, Loyalty, and Referrals. Previously, these would appear in a specific predictable order in the payment history but now appear in random order. Time seems to vary by region across the country but appears to be between 1 and 3 pm ET on that day.
  2. About week 1-2 of the month (though some have been even much later), Community Rewards are applied manually.
  3. On the Renewal date AFTER 2 AM ET, the system applies AutoPay top-up as needed in the account. I have seen this "delayed" by up to 60-90 mins but typically within 30 mins.
  4. On the Renewal date AFTER 6AM ET, the system either renews a plan, or deactivates plans > 90 days since last expiration date. Time varies. I have seen this as 150 mins later.

Therefore, any user applicable action must take place before the respective times above to take effect.

(You can actually see the actual applicable times of these events on your account payment history. Though timing was being adjusted in the beginning, around the time when many website changes were taking place, they seem to have settled and have been very consistent for nearly a year. The only significant change from the previous cycles is the timing of the application of Rewards, now being about 10-12 hours earlier than before, and each batch process above seems to take a little longer than before).

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Typhon 

Some of us have activated accounts with a promotion that was too good to resist. One account I have had an upfront cost of $26.05. I got a free Sim card and the $50 plan. I recieved a 5gb data add on and a free month credit of $50. I downgraded to the $15 plan for my second month and suspended via lost/stolen just before midnight eastern on day 30 of my first 30 day cycle of service.

I reactivate just before 90 days and use the service and the data if needed for 30 days and repeat the process. I time the reactivation to coincide with the "more is merrier" campaign to collect the free holiday data and minutes add ons. My reactivation last December after nearly 2 years was the first time I had to actually pay my service since the initial activation.

The account has the following "free" add ons....

• 2×500 international minutes add ons
  • 2×2gb data add ons
  • 5gb data add on
  • 500 Canada wide minutes add on
  • $5 off every 30 days in rewards ($2 autopay, $2 loyalty and $1 referrals)

The cost to reactivate is $10/30 days or approximately $30/yr (about 355 to 359 days). If I don't need or use the service I can allow a friend or family member to use it if needed. It's commonly referred to around here as a "data account." 😉🐈🤪

Typhon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wondering as to the reason anybody would want to pay and keep accounts that they have no need for and not used for 3 months. 

metalhead
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I guess I was cutting it close today reactivating my account but I'm stuck in tbe $15 plan instead of tbe $40 plan I wanted. 😪

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

I am of the mind to write to the moderators to see if they can confirm any changes.

P.S. I sent an inquiry about this. Awaiting a reply.

@pm-smayer97 , but will you get the correct response back from one? Inquiring minds want to know! 😬 🙂

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 

Thanks for the info on calling 611. I have asked for confirmation myself.

@maximum_gato 

After reading through this thread, I am dismayed. As you say, I have proven not only the 6AM deadline but have relied on the system to work like clockwork in the past FOR YEARS to manage multiple accounts, starting with all Rewards being applied after 12AM, followed by Autopay top-up starting after 2AM (as applicable and needed), finally followed by plan renewal or deactivation after 6AM. The only caveat is that unannounced system maintenance could prevent access to Self-Serve to initiate a change in status, as seemed to happen to you, and seems to be happening with greater frequency lately.

That said, I just checked one of my plans due to renew today and noticed that Rewards were applied BEFORE 11 pm. So something has clearly changed. And because of this thread, I have another account that was due to deactivate in 2 days but I decided to renew it early just in case, when in the past I would have waited until literally hours before, like you found yourself trying to do.

Oddly, I tied calling 611 and noticed that it STILL says that Autopay applies at 2AM and Renewal at 6AM. So, I will have to monitor this again to see what is actually true. It could be that if they have made changes that they still have not updated the message on 611.

I am of the mind to write to the moderators to see if they can confirm any changes.

P.S. I sent an inquiry about this. Awaiting a reply.

@maximum_gato wrote:

@softech 

A lot....to varying degrees. The vast majority of them do not have community accounts (thankfully!)

@maximum_gato , I only have my account & 0 referrals! No one I know wants to join! At this point with all the issues here I’m glad I only have mine! The added stress would make me extra loopy! 🤣

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

A lot....to varying degrees. The vast majority of them do not have community accounts (thankfully!)

@maximum_gato how many accounts do you manage???,😄

hi @maximum_gato let us know if there are good surprises after you talk to agent

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

You definitely cannot get a $$ rewards account back. And it seems a conflagration of obstacles and spreading myself to thin left me more last minute than intended. But suddenly being logged out mid-reactivation came out of left field as did what appears to be an early deactivation?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @maximum_gato  I read reply that support able to give the number back after 90 days except not sure if they can stay on the old rewards system and not sure the credit if any.

I am always curious, why leave it till that late?  I understand wait wait till last day to earn couple days, but no need to wait till last hour.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@LitlLdy 

Never say never again. 🤔

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@maximum_gato , does all this mean that there’s no way or hope to recover the account & everything on it?

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@LitlLdy

Yes I have experienced that lovely new glitch as well.....whereas our previous accounts with a balance would automatically reactivate once lost/stolen was removed "Resume" now the only way possible is via customer support. (Or adding more funds if I recall correctly?)

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@maximum_gato , oh boy! You have great luck don’t you? 😔 Sorry!

I’m so paranoid I always make sure to have enough funds in my account to cover the cost of my plan at least 2 days ahead of time! I don’t trust this place enough to wait until the last day / hour! 😏 My renewal was due on the 17th but didn’t take the finds from my account until very late morning but my service was renewed (plan reset, minutes, data & so on in my account) sometime after 1am AST! I always turn off my phone overnight when my service is going to be renewed. Not sure why but it seems to help getting my phone service to work after renewal!

I had my account set to lost / stolen mode before due I had enough funds in my account for renewal but I put my account on hold for 60 days to try Lucky Mobile (which was a nightmare with them in the end) & when I tried to reactivate my service I removed lost / stolen & nothing I did would reactivate my service! I had to submit a support ticket & that turned into a lot of fun getting my service working again! 😣 Nothing is fool proof here! Several issues / bugs in the system! 😬 🤐

I hope you get it sorted out & that you didn’t lose the account. I will ugly cry if it was a rewards account! 😏 

Edit: For errors!

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

I haven't pushed the 6am deadline before but have reactivated well past midnight. And

@pm-smayer97has proven the 6am deadline over many years as well as the late renewal delay.

Maybe the end of suspension is a hard midnight eastern unrelated to renewal. It would make sense to me.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Kind of but even maintenance normally allows at least an hour to manually top up and reactivate your service. At the time of posting this thread I should have had 26 minutes to top up but it had long been deactivated by then. I don't understand how the system changed if renewals had yet to finish at that point. Suspensions and/or deactivations have always occurred simultaneously. What changed for a deactivation to occur before the system wide suspensions for non payment?

What boundary were you testing this time? 🙂 Or did you leave an account to the last possible second?

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Drastic action only confirmed my theory too late.

@maximum_gato 

Even though Nikes tagline is just do it, I would suggest you don’t do it.

Wouldn’t want them to take drastic action back at ya 😉

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Thanks again. I need a CSA ASAP but have yet to get a reply. I might have to take drastic action ?!!

I did not - only logged in 10 minutes ago to check based on your post and knowing my renewal was also this morning.

My available funds are displaying my plan balance so they have not yet drawn upon it to renew the plan yet. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Thank you. Did you try logging in earlier tonight and find the site down for maintenance?

@maximum_gato 

Payment screen shows $1 was charged to payment card, however pending transaction not yet displayed on credit card transactions list. 

I can check in an hour or so and update?

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Has payment gone thru?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I am @maximum_gato 

Mine seem to go through and my new buckets are showing with zero usage and activity.

Whassup?

Need Help? Let's chat.