cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone going thru renewal right now? Deactivation of suspended accounts timing change.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

I need to know if renewals have already occurred tonight/today. This is a time sensitive question.

Thx!

Edit:

I guess I best explain my question to now serve as a warning to those approaching the 90 day suspension deactivation date. April 25th was the deactivation date for an account I manage. As I have done many times before and in fact did with this account 120 days ago I logged in at midnight eastern to pay and reactivate but I had to change the payment card because of a hold on the card when the system logged me out. I could not log back in as it said it was down for maintenance. I tried to log into a couple of other accounts with the same message.

So I run around getting dressed to ride over to Mobil figuring I will kill 2 birds with one stone and test the instant top up/RTP theory of how to top up and reactivate if both 611 and self serve are down. Mobil was closed (early?!!) so I went kitty corner to 7/11 their machine was down since 9pm.  I tried logging in again to check on another account and it was still down for maintenance.

So I went home to order from muskbird.com and it wasn't letting me pay!! Eventually I used my phone and it accepted payment from PayPal and sent me the voucher pin # one minute later at 1:55am pacific. This time login failed not for maintenance?!! 611 gave me that all too familiar "We are having trouble locating your phone number....?"

I should have had at least another hour to top up and reactivate as has been tested and proven numerous times....6am eastern is the deadline unless renewal payments run late? This obviously is no longer true....deactivation can occur anytime after midnight eastern on your deactivation date. This kind of change in the timing of deactivation should be clearly communicated to customers rather than discovered by trial and error.

Yes I realize I shouldn't have pushed the timing of the reactivation but having a lot on my plate this past week caught up to me but knowing all of the normal timing and how to reactivate by voucher still left me enough time to pay and reactivate.....with more than an hour to spare despite the obstacles encountered along the way. Or so I thought....  ?

Now there's plenty of misinformation floating around the community itself on this issue with many posts without the ability of the author(s) to edit them.

Extra thanks to @HALIMACS for helping me prove my theory! 🤞😪🐯🐈

30 REPLIES 30
Need Help? Let's chat.