cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port out "plan expired" but not suspended account

smurfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm trying to make sense of this requirement that the account must be active to port out from PM. As long as the account hasn't gone past 90 days without a plan, is that not still considered "active"?

It seems that most threads about this subject are suggesting that for successful porting out, a plan must be subscribed. Is this truly the case? Even without a subscribed plan, we should still get any texts directly from PM correct?

So are they not sending out the port confirmation text unless you subscribe for another month? This seems shady and possibly a CRTC violation doesn't it?

Has anyone tried to port out after plan is expired, but account not suspended?

5 REPLIES 5

smurfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ok. So if I am porting to Telus prepaid, I can still port the number if my plan is expired, but account is not past 90 day suspended timeout? Porting will just work via regular sms method or do I need to use chatbot or support ticket?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@smurfit   Your account can be unsubscribed but still active and able to receive texts if you port out before the next renewal.  If that wasn't the case nobody could continue their service without autopay on a credit/debit card.  The thing is to port out a few days at latest before your next renewal and definitely not on renewal day. 

@smurfit wrote:

I'm trying to make sense of this requirement that the account must be active to port out from PM. As long as the account hasn't gone past 90 days without a plan, is that not still considered "active"?

It seems that most threads about this subject are suggesting that for successful porting out, a plan must be subscribed. Is this truly the case? Even without a subscribed plan, we should still get any texts directly from PM correct?

So are they not sending out the port confirmation text unless you subscribe for another month? This seems shady and possibly a CRTC voilation doesn't it?

Has anyone tried to port out after plan is expired, but account not suspended?

Public Mobile will only allow the port out of a suspened account if you're moving the phone number to another Telus brand.  Otherwise, the plan must be active.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@smurfit  from my understanding this is a cell phone wide requirement,  not just Public Mobile. 

Also complaints for this matter is for the CCTS. 

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @smurfit, I don't know anyone that has tried porting out from PM under the scenarios you have described but I'm quite sure you will not receive any texts (not even from PM) if your account is not currently in the "Subscribed" status. PM will hold your account and number for upto 90 days but after that you will lose your number and the account. Since PM is a pre-paid service you won't be able to port out if your account is not active

Need Help? Let's chat.