cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to take advantage of new customer offers?

arolt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Aside from cancelling my account and creating a new one, I'm starting to feel pretty frustrated when I see offers for new activations with no way for existing customers to get in on them.

Eg: 2GB bonus for plans starting at $25.  Well, I'm already on the $25/1GB plan.  Heck yeah I would like the bonus 2gb too!

eg #2: $55 20gb plan for students - while it's too rich for me, that's a pretty good plan that current customers are stuck without.

So, I guess my question is, is there anything us current customers can do to get any bonuses like this applied to our account (12MONTHS2GB) aside from porting around between carriers to get any semblance of a good deal? I really hate that Canadian carriers are like this.

17 REPLIES 17

messenabout
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The innocent-looking ' ** ' means new custies only. 😜

messenabout
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No specifics here but I find it works well to speak louder speak often and go up the chain. I've had results that I'm okay with like pretty okay but no at the same time you're still more and more and more offers to new customers what's wrong with showing loyalty back to the loyal PM members is my big question. It seems to me that more is taken than given and never hey thanks guys we appreciate you being with us. At the same time I spoke louder and I was heard so I'm completely fine for now but that's just me of course. But you shouldn't have to grovel you know what I'm saying. I hope this is not too wrong to post here. I'm really not sure where I should draw the line at what I think and what I say out loud. So I should just shut up and go away for now I'm glad to be back though I haven't had data since the beginning of my cycle this month around so hi everybody

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@arolt 

those code for 2GB data free for 12 month just for new customer.... 

for change plan use browser from computer/clear cache/cookies/use one page inPrivate mode,or safari on private mode, To Login Page

and go to Plan & Add-ons, and scroll the plans using the down and up arrows on the far right. select the plan you want, and select ‘Change plan now’ then you pay full price plan, or ‘Change plan on renewal date’..to you not losing any money..

all your old rewards/gift/credit/bonus/ will be in your account as is, on new plan, and no need to change to new rewards point keep on old rewards,better but it's up to you which rewards you like to keep.

@JL9 wrote:

you could park your number and open a new account and port it back in for the 2Gb bonus and the 3x points for a year but then you would lose your old rewards points so while the 3x points for renewals and addons is way better than the already existing new rewards customers and even better than the autopay 2 bucks for the old reward ppl, it will be over in 12 months and if you have been here for 3-5 years you will be losing 36-60 a year on that so prob wise to just stick with the old rewards plan and current number you can still get the 55 plan and keep old rewards just none of the limited time new rewards program perks. Im on the new program not by choice so I get doubly shafted to an inferior rewards program and then get to watch as someone who has been here for 10 minutes gets 3x the points I get on purchases/renewals..that's pretty cool 👍

Old customers could do that but it's better to stick with old rewards.  The extra points and data are temporary.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

you could park your number and open a new account and port it back in for the 2Gb bonus and the 3x points for a year but then you would lose your old rewards points so while the 3x points for renewals and addons is way better than the already existing new rewards customers and even better than the autopay 2 bucks for the old reward ppl, it will be over in 12 months and if you have been here for 3-5 years you will be losing 36-60 a year on that so prob wise to just stick with the old rewards plan and current number you can still get the 55 plan and keep old rewards just none of the limited time new rewards program perks. Im on the new program not by choice so I get doubly shafted to an inferior rewards program and then get to watch as someone who has been here for 10 minutes gets 3x the points I get on purchases/renewals..that's pretty cool 👍

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@arolt   All rewards and any add-ons, purchased or gifted, stay intact.  You're advised to stay with the old rewards since you're grandfathered in and once you switch to the new points system, PM won't permit you to go back.  But you should be fine if you want to upgrade to one the new plan offerings.

Sorry for the late reply, but the computer shut down because of some sort of power surge..

edit:  BTW, if you're considering changing plans, make sure to choose Change at Next Renewal and not Change Now as PM doesn't prorate and you'd forfeit whatever is left with your current plan and start a new 30 day cycle with the latter option.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@arolt this is a common practice in this industry.   Everyone cares about new subscribers more, Everyone will leave the best goodies for new accounts.  PM is not that bad, you have Christmas bonus and loyalty or Anniversary rewards for staying.  

The good thing as a consumer is that with porting so easily done these days, you don't have to show loyalty,  just move with the deals if you want   🙂

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You keep the rewards for plan changes. You lose it all if you port out and back in for the 2gb.

You could also just have a new account with the promo. Use it for data usage. And your main original for normal talk and text.

arolt

Yes, I'm on the old rewards system - so, if I upgrade my plan, does the reward plan change as well and I'll lose those reward credits?  I haven't been keeping up to date on the changes around here.

Thank you @computergeek541 . Good to know for future reference but does not help these days 😞

I forgot to add 'while I am with PM'. Let me correct that.

@Meow wrote:

PM never had promos for existing customers.

Actually, yes they have.  There just isn't anything now.  Public Mobile did once offer a promo code to existing customers to add an extra 2GB (permanently) to a 10.5GB plan. There have also been winback offers and offers to some customers who had supsended accounts.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@arolt   Yes, it would be nice for current customers to be eligible to receive some of bonus data offered for new activations, but that sort of incentive has been used for decades to entice new customers to sign up.  Personally, I don't see the time limited bonus data as being that great of an incentive.  The $55 (student plan) is also available to current customers and not limited for new activations although I agree there could be better options for current customers who don't require so much data.

Since you're a long term customer (2020?) according to your user profile, you are currently on the old rewards, unless you opted into the new points system, which offer you better discounts with loyalty/autopay, so porting out and back in to take advantage of more bonus data (temporary mostly) would mean you'll lose the old rewards and be on the inferior new points system.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Short and (not) sweet answer is: No.

PM never had promos for existing customers (added) but it was a while ago. Nothing in past 1.5 year while I am with PM.

All promos are geared toward New customers. If you are on a new Points rewards and do not have much of them collected you can cancel current account and open new one taking advantage of current promotion(s). I would not cancel account if you are on old reward system ($).

Mind you, you would need new SIM; current one cannot be reused once account/number is cancelled/closed.

@arolt wrote:

That's not what the fine print says?

The new customer part is only for the bonus points (and the 2GB bonus). Anyone can get the $55 plan.

arolt

That's not what the fine print says?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@arolt Hi while most promos are for new customers,the 20 gig 55 dollar plan is for anyone 

To get new customer offers, you would need to open a new account. There' s no way around that.

Need Help? Let's chat.