Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being overbilled?

dawna
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If this is my latest payment statement:

dawna_0-1606419541994.png

Why is my credit card being charged $36.96?

13 REPLIES 13

Yeah the good times are over. I haven't received 1c thus far. I would have got the Canada Pension Covid bonus as I am retired but since I elected to not collect CPP yet that one passed me by as well. But I will be paying higher tax rates for the rest of my life because of this.

Just hoping they don't chop out or reduce the TFSA as that is an invaluable tool to help people be more self sufficient in retirement planning. When it was reduced in 2016 the common excuse was that it is only useful to “the rich” when in fact anyone saving even a few dollars for retirement is helped out with a TFSA.

AE_Collector

@Chipster Rumours are the GST may increase. So just a heads-up that your bill may change again in the futur

how else are they supposed to get all that cerb money back... I bet that won't be the only tax increase we will be seeing.

no wait, I forgot "the budget will balance itself" 🤣

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Its all good....Have another cup of coffee and step outside and get some fresh air.

Stay safe

Chipster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Not trying to be political. The Feds are supposed to present a new budget on Monday. Rumours are the GST may increase. So just a heads-up that your bill may change again in the future.😂

@danreyan wrote:

Hi there,

This happened to me too because I am new to PM and it takes adjusting to the service. Until someone told me that the "amount owing" is the predicted total bill for the next billing month. I'd say "predicted" because there will still be a chance it can be lowered if you get bonuses for referrals and the likes.

There's also a change that the amount owing can go up because you lose a referral.

danreyan

Hi there,

This happened to me too because I am new to PM and it takes adjusting to the service. Until someone told me that the "amount owing" is the predicted total bill for the next billing month. I'd say "predicted" because there will still be a chance it can be lowered if you get bonuses for referrals and the likes.

@dawna wrote:

Wow, how on earth did I even forget about the tax!   This current world situation is really making my brain not think clearly!  My apologies and thank you to all who made me realize I need to have another cup of coffee to function clearly. 😕

@dawna 

You are FAR from the first one thinking this! Some threaten to report PM to the CRTC while other just threaten to port out to the competition they are so ticked at PM for overcharging them. You asked very politely!

AE_Collector

@dawna wrote:

Wow, how on earth did I even forget about the tax!   This current world situation is really making my brain not think clearly!  My apologies and thank you to all who made me realize I need to have another cup of coffee to function clearly. 😕

Hi @dawna lol it happens.  Just happy to see that all is well at the end.  Stay safe!

dawna

@Helpershelper wrote:

@dawna 

Rest assured that with this prepaid service you won’t be overbilled, it’s not even possible.

Rare but not impossible; bugs can occur. 🕷

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dawna 

Rest assured that with this prepaid service you won’t be overbilled, it’s not even possible.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@dawna wrote:

If this is my latest payment statement:

dawna_0-1606419541994.png

Why is my credit card being charged $36.96?

@dawna   Why do you think you are being overbilled?   As suggested earlier it looks like after your rewards are credited to your balance, you are being charged $33 + tax which is correct based on the $40 plan you're on.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@dawna 

You are on the $40 plan. After referrals and rewards you owe $33 plus tax.

33 + tax = 36.96

33 X 1.12 = 36.96

Need Help? Let's chat.