cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After inputting 2 brand new Sim numbers

mkcathy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Performed a sim swap on my account Yes recover my account & phone number. All is good!

Have tried the same thing for my wife: No go? I got Invalid SIM number in RED & a great big RED X returned the 1st failed SIM & rec'd another: Same results, Am I/she LOCKED out. This support thing & Community has me baffled?

Help, I think I need am Administrator to reset her account I certainly can't

12 REPLIES 12

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mkcathy 

If there was one bad SIM card in the batch there's a good chance the whole batch will have issues.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If it is a faulty sim they should be able to replace at the same place for free

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mkcathy 

Did you use 2 different email address for each of the activation?

You can only use one email/account SIM.

You can’t use 2 SIM account on one email.

You just have to wait for a CS_Agent to help you out if you used 1 SIM/email address.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mkcathy wrote:

Performed a sim swap on my account Yes recover my account & phone number. All is good!

Have tried the same thing for my wife: No go? I got Invalid SIM number in RED & a great big RED X returned the 1st failed SIM & rec'd another: Same results, Am I/she LOCKED out. This support thing & Community has me baffled?

Help, I think I need am Administrator to reset her account I certainly can't

@mkcathy 

Did you logoff from your account and restart your browser before login to your wife account?

Sometime, the self-serve PM server is not working properly and still remember something from the previous login.  When you tried to change your wife's account, PM will be confused.

Wait for an hour.  Clear the cache of your browser or use a different browser to change your wife's SIM card on her account.

HI @mkcathy   See what CS Agent says.  It could be SIM issue, worst case, you might have to go back to the Mobile Shop for an exchange.

mkcathy

yes, got stuck at the Change SIM card in My Account?  The system does not even accept the new SIM numbers?

Loblaws Super Store: The Mobile Shop Brockville Message: I got Invalid SIM number in RED & a great big RED X returned the 1st failed SIM & rec'd another: Same results, Am I/she LOCKED out

@mkcathy    It was sent to CS_Agent right and not just anyone?

If you used the link I provided earlier, then you should hear back within an hour, although sometimes it can be longer if there's a backlog of issues CSA's are working through.

While you're waiting are you interested in exploring some of the questions asked?

mkcathy

sent a PM to someone

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mkcathy   So, you got stuck at the Change SIM card in My Account?  The system does not even accepting your SIM number? or you were able to enter the SIM there but just cannot have the SIM to connect to the network after putting the SIM in a phone?

where you got the SIM from?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Try starting in to an activation with the sims. Don't go past the sim entry page. If it doesn't give you an error then the sims should be fine.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/portal/activation

If it does then that would suck that two in a row are being a problem. Where did you get the sims? Do the full numbers start out with what is in the sim-entry area?

Does anything useful happen if you put the sims in the phone anyway?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mkcathy   Here's couple of links to customer support, first one is to submit a ticket via chatbot here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If unable to submit a ticket, send a private message to CS_Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.