cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please,I don't get SMS or MMS whenever it is sent from an Iphone because it is always sent as an Ime

Lucyamushi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't get text message from an Iphone user which is always sent as an Imessage to another Iphone user while my own phone is Samsung A72. What can be the cause of this problem and please the solution to it

22 REPLIES 22

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Lucyamushi 

Great, then please accept @softech solution from the first page. Glad it worked.

Lucyamushi

I tried deactivating Imessage online and it worked,thank you so much

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Lucyamushi 

iMessage only works on iOS devices (like iPhones).

You cannot send or receive iMessage-formatted communications on an Android device. There are no settings you can change, there are no apps you can install.

There are settings which can be changed on the iPhone. Turn iMessage enhanced features off, return to standard default staid and unexciting plaintext SMS protocols.

iDon't iPhone, but iThink recent iOS versions allow this setting to be changed on a per-contact basis instead of an all-or-nothing-everybody-or-nobody basis.

Another alternative is for both users to install some other texting app like TextNow, Whatsapp, Signal, etc.

Camera4617

@Lucyamushi  OK. This problem has nothing to do with PM as PM doesn't control who's using iMessage, who's not. 

I would do what @softech mentioned earlier, to de-register your phone number with iMessages. That will prevent any other iPhone user that is sending you a message, to send as iMessage which probably you will not receive.

Once you do that, I would send from your phone SMS to that iPhone user and they should receive SMS (green bubble). After that if they reply, I'd expect it would be SMS and you should receive it.. 

Here is the link as in softech's post there is a comma at the end that leads to 'page not found'
https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Let us know if that worked. 

@JL9   the fact that the iMessage sent the another person means it was still tie to a different Apple user.  so, look like not exactly a sender problem.  

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I don't think it is your phone at all the other person will most likely have to change their settings, hopefully you get it sorted out!

Lucyamushi

Thank you for your help so far

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lucyamushi  - I am trying to figure out what exactly you are experiencing here...do you have have both the A72 and the iphone?

• Are both Public Mobile accounts? 
  • Are they existing or new activations?
  • If new were they new or transferred over number from another provider?
  • Is the iphone a 'new to you phone' that has not had its phone number set up correctly with?

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

Can you insert the SIM into another phone and test texting again to ensure you are receiving the messages?

If you are still receiving them from someone else, this rules out a device issue.

Perhaps a number was assigned to this account in error by Public Mobile. 

If this is the case, you can go to the "Change Number" option in your self serve account to select a new number.

OR, contact Customer Support to see if they can get to the bottom of this.

You can submit a ticket with Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA), by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The iMessage situation is one of the reasons why I don't like Apple. It creates lock-in by people stating iMessage as the ONE reason why they won't switch to an Android. This is a purely North American problem.

Lucyamushi

Yes, someone else replies

Camera4617

@Lucyamushi wrote:

I am using Samsung A72, I noticed that I don't get any message into my phone once the sender is using an Iphone to send it. It goes to another customer 

How do you know it goes to 'another customer'?  Somebody replies ?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Shaking fist - just stick with the standards!! It messes up your own customers for craps sake.

Always wonder why there is such thing as iMessage.  and now Google has RCS (I guess at least I am glad BBM is dead  🙂  ) 

Can't they all agree on one single standard?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Shaking head and mumbling Apple a la Newman on Seinfeld.

Lucyamushi

Okay,thank you.let me try it nd let u know the outcome

@Lucyamushi wrote:

I am using Samsung A72, I noticed that I don't get any message into my phone once the sender is using an Iphone to send it. It goes to another customer 

@Lucyamushi   In this case, I think you got the number new from PM and the previous user was using iPhone.  Try to claim the number back from Apple at https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/  (fixed the link thanks @Camera4617 ) ,go to the section : No longer have your iPhone?   and fill in your phone number
Apple will TEXT you a code to confirm you own the number 

Lucyamushi

I just got the sim recently as a new sim because I relocated to Canada newly from Nigeria and I hv never used an Iphone before.

@Lucyamushi - have the iphone user delete you from their contacts in their phone, and the readd your number include the "1" in front of the area code just to be sure.

Does it work then?

Do you receive texts okay from other people?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lucyamushi   Were you recently switched from iPhone to Samsung A72?   you might have forgotten to disable iMessage.  If so, that could be why you are not receiving text from your  iPhone user.

Also , it could also be an iPhone sender problem, not yours, because they are sending all messages as iMessage.  You have to ask your friend to open the settings and then, move to the “Messages” section. Mmake sure that if MMS, SMS, or iMessage are all  enabled

Lucyamushi

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lucyamushi 

You could always ask the sender to send the message as an SMS, which they can do by pressing/holding the iMessage after sending,  and selecting "Send as Text Message"

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lucyamushi  the iphone user needs to go to the settings to their messages app and ensure both SMS and MMS is enabled.

edit

Need Help? Let's chat.