cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible reception, dropped calls, calls not going through, not hearing people on the other end

SabrinaGalactic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It’s frustrating that public mobile customer service is down. It said I should contact an admin here somewhere. I don’t know how. 

I upgraded to a brand new iPhone 14 pro. 
I had crappy reception before but now it’s a million times worse. Either I can’t hear others or they can’t hear me, or i get constant dropped calls and numbers I phone just won’t go through. 

Yes I’ve tried restarting, and checking settings.

No i haven’t tried a SIM card replacement yet because no stores in my town sell them anymore. Somehow i have to get public mobile to send me one. 

I’m on the 35 dollar 3G plan. Do i have to upgrade to 4g? 

12 REPLIES 12

GregStarla

Tried that. Still terrible voices quality. Dropping calls, can’t hear people. 

GregStarla

I have the exact same issue and I am on the 4G plan. Terrible voice service, and most times terrible data service. The browser will say “Safari cannot connect to the internet right now, check your connection”. I have at least 2 bars and cell data is on. 
Terrible!

HI @SabrinaGalactic 

it could be Public Mobile 54.0.1

SabrinaGalactic

@hTideGnow Thanks. It’s at 53.0 with no option to update 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

VoLTE needs to be enabled for the device by the provider. It's not just a simple matter of a toggle. However, if the toggle is there then likely it has been enabled. But then some other phones have the toggle and on but volte is not enabled by the provider. Chicken and egg kind of thing.

@SabrinaGalactic   LTE is not VoLTE, VoLTE is voice over LTE, you can enable it:

iPhone: Settings->Cellular->Cellular Data Options->Voice & Data, enable 4G or LTE there

HI @SabrinaGalactic 

To update Carrier settings profile, go to Settings, general, about.  Then Scroll down to Carrier. Next to Carrier, if a new update is available, you'll see an option to perform this update. Otherwise, you'll simply be shown the currently installed

VoLTE is voice over LTE , which is way for voice to connect on LTE instead of 3G

SabrinaGalactic

@hTideGnow 
I’ve tried LTE and and 3G. I’m assuming LTE is the same as volte??? 
i have no idea how to check if it’s been voice? 

What’s the latest carrier profile and how do I do that? 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@SabrinaGalactic 

There have been more voice issues recently with Public mobile. Not sure if it is due to roll out VoLTE.  Did you receive a text from Public mobile stating that your service moved to VoLTE?

Here is some more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

Other troubleshooting advice:

Manually select either 3G network or LTE.  See which one works better.

Network reset of phone (this will erase Wifi password settings)

If still having issues, you can private message customer service agent to check your account:

Please private message CSA via the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private inbox for response. It will take a few hours for response. 

SabrinaGalactic

It’s bad in most areas, but if I stand out in the open (like out on the street) it sometimes works a bit better. I’ve been having to literally take calls outside wherever I go lol and even then it’s not assured it’ll work 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SabrinaGalactic   you got a new phone, but you still have the old phone with you?  if you put it back to the old phone, does voice work well?

You mentioned about dropped calls, did you check in different area?  Just wonder if it local network issue

if you need to open ticket , please message them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@SabrinaGalactic   you probably don't need a new sim card

you don't have to upgrade to 4G plan, but try to enable VoLTE and check if it has been voice 

And make sure you have the latest carrier profile and please make sure it has the latest iOS

Need Help? Let's chat.