cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill increased

CCchen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used to pay $18 per month and this month increased to $28 without notice or overused. I checked my receipts, finding out there were two automatic top-up without notice. I tried to find a phone line to contact a real agent but no luck. Can someone please help me? I won’t be happy to pay $28 per month since the reception is terrible at where I live. Is it the time to switch to Telus? 

3 REPLIES 3

CatKing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for sharing this information.  I noticed this week my PM bill increased without my knowing although I do recall getting some information about PM changing some aspects of their rewards program.   I appreciate the tip about the $19. plan.   Perfect for me.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CCchen 

you might have missed the announcement back in March about the rewards system change 

PM retired the old reward system earlier (May 2024) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
After renewal, PM will give you the points to your reward account within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

But you have a $25-1GB plan?  If so, PM is offering existing subscribers a $19-1GB plan.  It is pretty much the same $25 -1GB plan, except it is better, it has 4G speed instead of 3G.   With it being just $19, you can recover the lost reward savings from the change of the reward system.  You might want to login to My Account and schedule a plan change to this $19 plan using Change on Renewal option

@CCchen wrote:

I used to pay $18 per month and this month increased to $28 without notice or overused. I checked my receipts, finding out there were two automatic top-up without notice. I tried to find a phone line to contact a real agent but no luck. Can someone please help me? I won’t be happy to pay $28 per month since the reception is terrible at where I live. Is it the time to switch to Telus? 

Were you previously on the old Public Mobile rewards program?  In May, customers were switched over to the ponits system.  That points system doesn't give customer an automatic discount.  Points need to be manually redeemed if a bill credit is desired.

Switching to Telus Mobility will not help with reception issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.