cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding funds - double taxed

Momma22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello....

I just wrote a note about adding funds.....actually....the amount due already had the taxes in so when I added funds to cover that total I was charged tax on that again! 

9 REPLIES 9

CanAus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The amount I see is with tax. No ambiguity at all. Spelled out clearly.

CanAus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did this ever get solved? I would have to pay 15 % tax on the voucher here in NS and when I look at the 20 dollar account charge, the tax is there again. If I paid 23.00 total for the voucher, but only 20 comes off the bill and another 3 is owing, that is well and truly double tax. PM has decided not to allow me any more pm with CS Agent until later. Hopefully you can clarify what happened with yours. Thanks in advance.

Momma22

Thank you for your detailed response.  I will have to wait and see what happens.  The amount due that is quoted includes the tax. I entered that amount.  The system charged me tax on that amount so a double charge.  Makes no sense why they would do that.  Again, all I can do is wait and see.  I will not do that again.

Thank you again!  I really appreciate the time you took!  

@Momma22   I read your other post. 

it looks like you entered a custom amount which you added tax on top.  So, PM charge you tax on top of that amount.    You paid more in that sense

BUT, you were actually loaded more than enough fund into My Account, PM still just taxed you once.  No worry, the extra money will sit there after renewal as Available Fund ,it will be used next time

so, I assume that was what happened

Example, you see $40 as amount due, 

• you put in $44 as custom amount, thinking 10% tax
  • PM charged you $48.4 ($44 + 10% tax)
  • But again, before the renewal , you should see $44 sitting in your Available Fund, this was the actual amount you loaded onto your My Account
  • When renewal time comes, you will see PM deducts $40 out of it and you will see $4 stays in Available Fund

So that extra $4 will stay there and will be used towards next renewal

@Momma22   Again, Amount due is pre-tax. 

Example is a $40 plan will be show as amount due $40 (assuming you have no rewards) no matter which province you are in.  The My Account tries to make it simple and not calculate the tax and not shown on the portal

Amount due - plan price minus credits on your account are with NO tax added.

Only credit card shows actual amount to be paid.

Provide screenshot of amount+tax+tax, please.

Momma22

Hello....I'm sorry but I disagree. The amount due was the plan fee after deductions plus the tax. When I entered that amount due I was charged tax on that again.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Momma22   No, the amount due there does not include tax.  Any amount you see on My Account is pre-tax.

So, when they charge your credit card, they will add the appropriate tax based on the province where the area code of your number belongs

So, if you see $40 as your Amount due, it is the pre-tax amount.  You will be charged on your credit card $40+tax

The taxes shown in Self Serve are informational only. They don't get charged again.

Need Help? Let's chat.