cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on not working

subin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought add on data since I ran out of my base 3 GB data. It shows that I have my add on data but somehow when I try to connect it doesn't work. How can I use my add on data

10 REPLIES 10

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Good to hear. Probably even just going in and out of airplane would fix it too.

subin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just had to reboot and it worked😄

@darlicious   too bad, Canada is not part of US yet  LoL

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@subin 

As per @computergeek541 's post give it half an hour as I have heard of a few people commenting that there was a delay. After of course confirming that you bought either the $5/200mb or $15/1gb data add on?

This also makes me realize that the new 15 day US Roaming data add on $25/3gb is a bargain even if it's only good for 15 days.....it would make a decent bridging add on for customers wanting to renew early without the need to contact customer support and/or have their $$ rewards deferred to the following renewal. Only $8.33/1gb vs $15/1gb?!! 🤔

If it was possible....NOT!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@subin 

Just to confirm.   You're talking data for use from within Canada, and you purchased a data add-on for this purpose, correct?   (i.e. not a US data add-on...   hey, it happens)

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Reboot but do power off, wait a bit, turn it on.

@subin wrote:

I bought add on data since I ran out of my base 3 GB data. It shows that I have my add on data but somehow when I try to connect it doesn't work. How can I use my add on data

Please check that this isn't a raoming add-on that was purchased in error.  Also, there could be a slight delay from the time of the purcahse (althogh there isn't supposed to be) before it starts working.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@subin  Make sure you do have some left and also that cellular data is on 

Check add-ons /mins /Data

Handy1_0-1674518387360.png

For most up to date account info

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@subin   Try rebooting first...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@subin   try to reboot your device first

Also, especially if you are on Android, check if you have Mobile data limit set.  if so, disable it first

Need Help? Let's chat.