cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation process failed, now can't be restarted

warpzero
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went through the activation process with my Public Mobile SIM but at the very end the webpage just hung. No account was created, I didn't receive an email, and my SIM is still not activated. So it appears that he activation didn't go through.

But now when I try to activate again the webpage says "Please enter a valid SIM number." So the SIM is no longer valid for activation?

I tried to submit a help ticket but none of the categories are relevant and the "other" category requires me to verify my info which I can't do because my account wasn't created.

What should I do to activate this SIM?

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your SIM card number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your Email address,

Good Luck

@warpzero 

At this point I agree with @Anonymous  open a ticket for a moderator to check the sim card. You will likely have to replace it. Save the reciept to recieve a credit for the cost on your account once you are activated. You could always ask them to send you a free replacement as well so you have a spare sim card.

i guess important part is your credit card is not charged, which is good.  Some people activate too many times without checking the credit card.

Did you waited a full hours?  it should not be needed, but just in case, 

Try this Online Activation Assistance and see if what they say (they might refer you to open a proper ticket with Mod)

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Anonymous
Not applicable

@warpzero : Ask the moderators to see if they have record of someone else having used that number in a non-working but successful activation.

Get another SIM.

@warpzero wrote:

It's been over two hours now. My credit card was not charged, my account is not set up (I can't login on the website), I have no confirmation email, but the SIM number still says it's invalid for activation now, even using a different PC and/or incognito.

Any other ideas?

Hi @warpzero 

Have you tried the online assistance to activate?

Click this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

warpzero
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's been over two hours now. My credit card was not charged, my account is not set up (I can't login on the website), I have no confirmation email, but the SIM number still says it's invalid for activation now, even using a different PC and/or incognito.

Any other ideas?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@warpzero wrote:

I went through the activation process with my Public Mobile SIM but at the very end the webpage just hung. No account was created, I didn't receive an email, and my SIM is still not activated. So it appears that he activation didn't go through.

But now when I try to activate again the webpage says "Please enter a valid SIM number." So the SIM is no longer valid for activation?

I tried to submit a help ticket but none of the categories are relevant and the "other" category requires me to verify my info which I can't do because my account wasn't created.

What should I do to activate this SIM?

Hello @warpzero if you card was not charged, then wait an hour and then try to do the activation again with the same SIM card. Clear your browser's history or use a different browser/device.

You can also try to open a tab in incognito mode when you do the activation again.

You may also wish to use the online assistance to activate.

Click this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is system maintenance today.  Check to make sure your credit card was not charged then try activation your account later today.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/System-maintenance-From-July-10-2021-23...

Need Help? Let's chat.