cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account says I have 20GB of unused data but…

MattBrown524
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My Account says I have 20GB of unused data but I am unable to connect to the internet unless I am on wifi. Help please?!

14 REPLIES 14

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MattBrown524 

Then I am confused.....are you saying you recieved the 2gb data add on today and that stopped your data from working? If you haven't cleared your browser and logged in using secret/incognito mode then you are not getting an accurate screenshot of your data usage but rather the cached version of your account. That would be helpful.....any chance you have used all of your data?

MattBrown524

I have been using data without an issue since my renewal date, until this afternoon. I will try contacting support and see what can be done. Thanks!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MattBrown524 

Weird. So you have had no working data since renewal until the holiday gifts were added? Then you were able to use the add on and now that it's run out you are unable to use data? The renewal on the November 25th was the first time on that plan? It sounds like a provisioning issue at renewal but strange that the add on worked. Before contacting customer support it cant hurt to check for any software updates (16.1.2 I think is current....?) and update your carrier profile again over wifi or connecting to iTunes.

Ask customer support to reset your account and reprovision your Sim card. Once your data is working ask them to reset your plan data to 18gb/20gb and add back the 2gb data add on. (Add on data is worth far more than plan data....about 10×the value when comparing your plan data.)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

MattBrown524

No luck.

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Turn off iMessage - and try again.

MattBrown524

iPhone XR 

MattBrown524

Using an iPhone XR. Data was working fine earlier today. From what I can tell, once my free 2GB data on on ran out I have been unable to use any of the 20GB that comes with my plan. 
renewal was on November 25, next one is December 25. 

5BCA909C-F056-4B3A-A6ED-982E8638F470.png

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MattBrown524 

Check to see if your Cellular Data is enabled.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MattBrown524 

It's hard to identify the issue without more details from you?

statusquo

I'm not sure why you can't connect to data then.  How about rebooting the phone?  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MattBrown524 

Are you still using an iPhone? Have returned from a trip? Used another Sim card? When was your renewal?

MattBrown524

I have already verified the APN settings are correct, still not working. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MattBrown524 

What is the make and model of your phone?

statusquo

Connecting to internet can be done with wifi or data.  For connecting with data, your phone needs the right apn settings.  Try get help for apn settings.  Here's a link for help.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help

Need Help? Let's chat.