cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account no longer shows suspended. But line not active

Anhtuanco
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I was a victim of the account suspended glitch earlier today. I sent the mods a message 8+ hrs ago but it still shows it as unread. There is a bot going around restoring suspended accounts, and on my self serve it shows my account is active...but:

- I cant make any calls still. When I try it says my line isn't active. Edit: now it says 'Sorry, you don't have an active long distance add on, and this call is not covered by your plan'. It is an in-province Ontario call, and I have both unlimited provincial talk and an active long distance add on. What is going on.

- No one can call me. It goes straight to the automatic voicemail.

What should I do about this? I have tried rebooting my phone. Still doesnt work.
7 REPLIES 7

Anhtuanco
The issue has been resolved by MOD Marie. There was a problem with the activation on the back end that she fixed. It is now working perfectly.

Anhtuanco
Thank you, I tried again this morning (8 am) and the problem persists. It seems although it says my plan is active in self serve, it isn't actually active at the moment. When I try to make a call it says:

'Sorry, you don't have an active long distance add on, and this call is not covered by your plan'.

It is an in-province Ontario call, and I have both unlimited provincial talk and an active long distance add on. I've tried rebooting my current phone that I was using prior to the suspension, as well as using a spare phone. Hopefully the mods will manage to fix whatever is going on.

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If memory serves correct (and based from experience with TELUS and Koodo), the system usually processes provisioning and suspension events sometime between 12:00 am - 6:00 am so if your account is showing active now then it should resolve everything else overnight. I'd try rebooting your phone again in the morning and see if you're able to dial into your voicemail or call another number and if it's not working send a message to the moderator team. 

Anhtuanco
Yes I have. I tried rebooting it at 4 pm when I saw that it seemed to be okay on self-serve. Then I rebooted it again just now. Still the same situation.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

have you tried rebooting your phone?

Anhtuanco
Glad to hear about the voicemail situation being a good sign. I wish it was a service delay, but the account suspension removal on self serve was at 4pm, it is now 9pm and the situation remains. Hopefully a mod will get to the bottom of this tomorrow.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Try again in a few hours in case there is some sort of time delay between the account update and provisioning of services. If it fails, best send another private message so they know provisioning failed. Voicemail is actually a positive sign as trulty suspended accounts only say "number not in service" when called.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.