cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account and SIM active - Number not in service

dominitordee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday i purchased a SIM. i activated it, payed for it. everything was going well, but once i put it into my phone nothing was working, i tried restarting my phone, I made sure the SIM was in properly, I reset all my network and Bluetooth settings, tried putting the SIM in a different phone. but nothing was working. on my mobile device it says public mobile is active, but i have no service, anytime i try to make a call it instantly hangs up and anytime someone tries to call me it says *number not in service* I've tried changing the phone number, but nothing changed. I tried submitting a ticket but it doesn't let me sign in.

5 REPLIES 5

DJSquidz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@darlicious Thank you for replying.   I did finally get a reply and did post this a few mins ago.  My issue has yet to be resolved but at least it's being worked on as far as I can tell.

I am not sure if it was a glitch as you mentioned with the PM and/or ticketing system that caused the delay in their response to me but, the CSR gave no explanation for the delay nor offered any apology for the delay.

Even though having a working phone is vital to me, and having to wait 3 days for a reply is unacceptable in my view, I do understand that technology has its limitations and does glitch from time to time.   Therefore I will see if this is an ongoing issue with Public Mobile before I pass judgement on their overall customer service.

This community however deserves Kudos for their prompt replies and I will do my best to offer my knowledge when I can!... Thank you to @softech , @darlicious and the others I may forget for their assistance over the last 2 days. You don't get this level of customer participation anywhere else in the cellular world.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DJSquidz 

That was my experience earlier in the week however upon testing the day before it was 3 hours which is longer than usual. I usually put the expectation of a response within an hour. However your lack of response is very unusual if you can see your tickets in your send box of your private messages then you have another issue.

Let me link you to another thread with a customer with a similar problem I've not receiving a reply from customer support and my explanation. After reading it you can decide what your next course of action is and I will help you any way you like.

Edit:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Phone-number-is-changed-to-a-new-one-on-m...

DJSquidz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I would recommend not setting that expectation of 15 mins.  It's misleading as I sent 4 tickets so far in a 36 hour period and not one has been answered.  I strongly doubt that public mobile has more tech traffic than say Roger's.  Therefore I am becoming very disenchanted with this service specially since everyone here seems to set that 15 mind expectation during business?hours.  My problem is pretty straight forward for a cell company - check for payment reactivate my account, change email on account so I can access self-serve account and provided all pertinent info.  So should be a 2 mins call

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dominitordee 

Unfortunately this is a fairly common problem when activating a SIM card it simply does not provision correctly upon activation but it can be quickly rectified by customer support. Use the links supplied by @softech and a CSA will fix you up in a jiffy!

When she submit a ticket or Sunday private message keep an eye on your private message box. That's the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen. You will see a little number pop up indicating our reply from a CSA. Responding promptly we'll speed up service times currently most tickets or private messages have been reply to in about 15 minutes.

Welcome to public mobile!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dominitordee   

You can login to My Account and it is showing Account active?

could be just a provisioning issue.  Please open ticket with PM Support and they can confirm if the activation was done properly on the back end:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.