cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend Referral code has changed

printzie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife and I signed up to PM (1st week of August). She signed on first and referred me as a friend  so I could sign up (I used her code at that time) and she has not received her ‘reward’. Is it not $1 off the next bill? Also both of our refer a friend codes have changed since our original codes were issued when we signed up. She actually now has my original code. I referred a friend and I haven’t received my reward either. What gives here?

15 REPLIES 15

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@printzie 

The $10 bonus credit is directly related to the referral code without using a referral code you will not get the bonus credit of $10. So getting that $10 credit indicates that the phone code was successfully added. But unlike those of us with rewards points program customers have no way of checking if the referral code was used successfully in the points rewards accounts which is why it causes confusion as to whether or not it worked or not. This is the downfall of the new system and the way public mobile implemented the points program. Despite lobbying for points accounts to have or accountability and the ability for the user to track their referrals it looks like it's fallen on deaf ears. We can always hope but at the moment you can only go by what you receive on your renewal date. But I'm happy to hear that so far everything is working according to plan it's just a bit of a mystery plan unfortunately. Thanks for the update though I appreciate it.

printzie

We both got the initial $10 credit for signing up. That was immediate and I don’t think was related to a referral. I checked today and my wife now has the one point for referring me and it is on the new billing cycle that started yesterday. I will check my rewards on Sept 8 (my new billing cycle) for one point for my friend referral. Thank you!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@printzie 

That is very strange. I would definitely contact customer support and ask them if this is possible? But you can certainly give them your wife's new code to be added and you will get the $10 bonus referral credit and she will earn the one point per month. And do the same with your friend. That is so very very weird?

Edit:

Well you can't track your referral points per referral like $$ reward referrals. $$ reward referrals have the ability to see :

• The # of referrals you have.
  • The last 4 digits of each referrals phone #.
  • Referrals that suspend their service via lost/stolen will disappear from your list along with their $1.
  • Referrals suspended for nonpayment will remain on your list but their $1 will disappear from your $ total.
  • A successful referral is immediately added to your list moments after activation.

printzie

That is interesting if one cannot even track points 🤔

printzie

She referred me and I used the Friend Referral Code on her Transaction Summary. That code for her is now different when she logs into her account. No record of referring me anywhere and no points. I then referred a friend and that person used the code that was on my Transaction Summary and my code is now different when I log in. No record of referring my friend anywhere and not points. There were no errors on entering codes with either situation. Maybe this will show up on our billing dates (September 3 and September 6)?

@darlicious wrote:

@Yummy 

Yes that would be great if they were earning $$ rewards but unfortunately the lovely couple are under the points program. And there is no way of tracking your referrals under that program.

You are saying my screenshot is valid only for old rewards? Pointers cannot see how many referrals they have????

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

Yes that would be great if they were earning $$ rewards but unfortunately the lovely couple are under the points program. And there is no way of tracking your referrals under that program.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Highly unlikely PM changed your referral code. It could be some confusion when both of you signed up whose code is which.

You can check if referral code is properly used looking at your Rewards account. If you see last 4 digits of a friend's number, referral worked as expected.

Yummy_0-1662044218193.png

JL9
Mayor / Maire

what?!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@printzie 

Are you sure you just didn't log into the wrong account because I've never heard of referral codes changing ever.

Unfortunately the points program is a bit of a mystery as they don't give you very much information on the rewards that you earn in points and that includes referrals. Instead they just add points to your account and tell you what they are but with no indication as to where they originate from and when it comes to referrals it makes it impossible for you to track your referrals.

Are you 100% sure when you entered the referral code it was accepted? Did you get a little green check box? If you did there has been in the past a glitch when entering the referral code at activation. Despite knowing that you had entered a referral code it does not register on the account and thus does not show up either for the referrer or the referral. I have seen several posts in the past couple of weeks describing the same situation. So my guess is the glitch is back!

For your friend have them contact customer support to add your referral code and if they are good enough friend have them also give your phone number along with it. This way the CSA can double check to ensure the correct referral code is being entered so that you get your reward point. Additionally once added a referral code cannot be removed so it's important that they get it right.

You must do the same with your wife's referral code but if you are convinced that your referral codes have switched or changed explain this in your message so the CSA can double check and confirm which code belongs to which person so that they add your wife's referral code to your account.

If your wife who activated first did not have a referral code then you can contact any community member of your choosing by private message only and ask them if they want to be friends with you...lol... No but seriously ask for their referral code and they will be happy to oblige.

Unsolicited referral codes are against the rules and should not be used and the offending member it should be reported. But that is up to you if that occurs.

With point rewards you should in theory receive the point immediately after a referral code is added to your friend's account. They will see the $10 bonus credit within 72 hours but usually the next day. Depending on the time it's added you will receive the Cha-ching! text alerting you that you have successfully referred a friend at midnight eastern that night or if it's added a little too late in the day the following night. The same will go for you and your wife.

Pass along this info to your friend and the link to contact customer support that has been posted in previous messages and explain to them the steps needed to contact customer support.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@printzie 

you referred a friend and you haven’t received any reward then your friend need to contact to CS_Agent with your refer code and use the link above to know how contact them.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@printzie 

Since you activated your SIM after January 25, 2022. You will be on the new Points system and not under the old Rewards system.

You should have got a $10 credit on your 2nd bill and your wife depending when she signed up. She will receive $1 credit/month or 1 point/month added into her account.
In addition, 5% of the amount of your monthly will be converted to points. Once 15 points have been achieved, she can redeem the 15 points for $15 credit towards her bill.

Once you refer a friend, you will get a text congratulating you that you have referred a friend and points reward will be added to your account.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

Edit: @printzie 

but is both signed up same time. e.g. if you open new account and you get the refer code and you bring your wife to signed up new account and you use your code. for your wife account ok that is fine and you need to bring from family member or friend other code to you can added to your account within first 30 day can be added..

but it's not allowed you open both account and you added to your both account you and wife account then you use both eachother the refer code to be added in both account,, i don't think so is allowed like that but you need to contact PM support team by private message CS_Agent  maybe if is allowed then for them can be added to you.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@printzie  Since you joined in August 1, you and your wife are both on the new rewards system, Public Points

In the new reward system, you will get 1 Public Point instead of $1.   Honest, it is similar to $1, except that you have to first  collect to 15 points and then convert the 15 points to $15 bill credit.  You can login to My Rewards site to review your current points:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards

I am not sure if your referral codes were really changed.  The codes should  always be the same.  But check My Rewards site to see if you have the 1 Public point already for the referral (the one who referred others, in this case, should be your wife getting the 1 Public Point;  And since you also referred a friend, you should have got 1 Public Point as well)

Let us know if you have more question.  Or you can open ticket with PM Support for further investigation:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.