cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account active but no service

melav
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! Yesterday I made my Public Mobile account and got the text to port my number over from Telus. My account status with Public Mobile is active, but I still don't have any service with Public Mobile yet, and it's been about a day now. My Telus sim card still works. I thought it would have only taken a couple of hours to port the number, but since it's taken this long I'm not sure if something went wrong or if I need to wait a bit longer. It's a moto g stylus.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

melav

This morning my Telus sim card stopped working. After resetting the network settings with my Public Mobile sim card, everything works. Thank you everyone for the quick answers and advice!

melav

It says mobile network not available for voice calls. I tried to choose the network manually, but it says it couldn't connect to Public Mobile. I tried the pm sim on a different phone and it didn't work either. I'm waiting for a call from the tech team right now.

@melav can you make outgoing calls?  if you can,  then no problem, login to My Account and click Change Phone Number and re-requesf porting.

if you cannot even make outgoing calls, then let fix that first before you port your number here.  Try to reboot once again see if you can call out   Or try your PM sim on another phone. 

if still fails,  Open a ticket with PM support and confirm if the SIM is provisioned properly

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply and work with you via messaging there

melav

I called the Telus porting number, and it said there were no active transfer requests. So I guess that would be the problem. I'm talking to a cs agent as well.

melav

Thanks for the replies! I've tried restarting the phone, putting it on and off airplane mode, reinserting the sim card, but nothing changed. Unfortunately I don't have another phone at the moment to try the Public Mobile sim card. I'll try the phone number and submitting a ticket.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@melav  two things 

1.  if your PM sim cannot even make outgoing calls, it could be a SIM provisioning issue.  Did you try reboot your phone or try the sim on another phone?  you need to open ticket with PM support to get the provisioning issue resolved

2. for porting.  there is a number to call to confirm porting status.  I will private message you on the community inbox.  

so, please open  ticket with PM as well as calling the porting support 

to open ticket:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.  

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click  "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket".  Then follow to complete the ticket submission.     

2.Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

manishpatel25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had a same problem before please insert that SIM in different mobile if that SIM works then your phone is not supporting public mobile network. Please also check online that is your device compatible with public mobile network,

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@melav 

If your Telus sim still works the port is not complete. Check your mail top right. I will Message you number to call.

Need Help? Let's chat.