cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Louise_Mignault
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

811 is an Ontario Health Connect service. It is live. I try to dial it on my phone and the call is not put through. 

Anybody know why not? Thanks

37 REPLIES 37

@Louise_Mignault wrote:

Turns out it was a routing problem - but I don't know whose end it was on. And it's fixed. Others with 343 area codes should be able to dial 811 in Ontario now without problems. If not, they should report it. Thanks.

@Louise_Mignault  sorry, it is an old post, do you still have problem with call 811?

We have another Community member  @mikec82374   with the same area code cannot call 811 still.  Just want to see if it is broken of you as well

@Louise_Mignault so, your ticket helped everyone with 343 area code??

👍

Louise_Mignault

Turns out it was a routing problem - but I don't know whose end it was on. And it's fixed. Others with 343 area codes should be able to dial 811 in Ontario now without problems. If not, they should report it. Thanks.

@Louise_Mignault wrote:

Yes I'm in Ontario with an Ontario number. The area code is 343. 

When you mentioned this, I wondered if it was because it was a new area code that maybe hadn't been handled yet for 811 routing purposes, but upon reviewing CNAC's Relief History, I see area code 343 came online May 2010, so that seems unlikely the reason, unless someone else with a 343 area code at another provider has the same issue, in which case the issue might be on the 811 call routing end...

Louise_Mignault

I just want to add that PM and Telus are working on it. 811 is an essential service. The correct "long number" for 811 is 1(866)797-0000 in Ontario.

Louise_Mignault

I did open a ticket> Both PM and Telus have followed up and are working on it. We'll see how it goes. Thanks

Louise_Mignault

Public Mobile is working on it. Apparently, the situation is problematic with some 343 area codes. Telus (PM parent company) followed up with me and they are trying to figure out what the problem is. Thanks though.

@Louise_Mignault  did you try your sim in another phone?

or you opened ticket with PM support yet? any response?

Louise_Mignault

Yes I'm in Ontario with an Ontario number. The area code is 343. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Louise_Mignault 

Are you physically in Ontario?

Do you have an Ontario phone number?

@Louise_Mignault   try putting the sim card in another phone and test again. By doing so, it will force a reprovison of the sim and it might fix the probem.

of course, if it still does not work, open ticket with PM Support

Louise_Mignault

Thanks for trying. Still not working for me here. Take care.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Louise_Mignault...

when I dial that number here in BC, I get connected to BC Health.

Maybe shut down phone...then restart. See if that helps.

I also tested in SK. I get connected to Saskatchewan Health Authority. Call consumed minutes from $15 plan.

@Louise_Mignault 

The message in that link isn't supposed to be accessible. It is only note that I removed inappropriate content posted by some members from this message thread.

Louise_Mignault

Hi CG, I don't know what the link is to but I sure can't get it... I get a big red notice telling me access denied and "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue."  What is behind the door CG? 

Louise_Mignault

Tried to reboot and redial... does not work for me. I diall 8-1-1 and I get 3 beeps and nothing. It doesn't go through at all. 

Louise_Mignault

HI @Louise_Mignault 

what area code do you have?

Louise_Mignault

Are you in Ontario?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I tried using 811 on my phone and it works.  

Louise_Mignault

Thanks I will. But as I have said elsewhere it should work. It's well advertised. It's part of Health Connect Ontario. For someone who is really not well, the number should work. I'm just trying to find a doctor (whole other conversation)

HI @Louise_Mignault   Yes, PM is not VoIP.. LoL.. and hence ,no reason it cannot call.  It is part of the Telus network.  Just wonder if Telus can call 811 

To open ticket using Chatbot, please follow these steps:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Louise_Mignault

I tried to open a ticket.. and after a lot of effort I got one submitted and zip. No response an hour and a half later. Their system to open a ticket does not work well either.  

As for VOIP... I'm assuming Public Mobile is NOT voip...

@Louise_Mignault   this is certianly not a workaround you want, but if you need to contact Health Ontario, call this number instead fo now

1-866-797-0007

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I do agree with you that you should be able to dial just 811 and not look up the full number.

Louise_Mignault

Nope that gets me Public Mobile recording saying I didn't dial the number correctly... sigh lol

@Louise_Mignault...

when I dial that number here in BC, I get connected to BC Health.

Maybe shut down phone...then restart. See if that helps.

Louise_Mignault

Thanks. I will do that. But in general, Public Mobile should be dialing 811. 

@walker1 wrote:

@Louise_Mignault 

Oh, in that case try dialing a number 1 first. See if that works for you.

HI @walker1   dialing a 1 would have no effect on special number like this.

like you won't call 1-911, I guess

Need Help? Let's chat.