cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

75 % ?

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Got a notification yesterday saying I've used 75 % of my data 

Thing is it's says I've used 792.435  of  3072 MB..  3 gigs is normally plenty for me.

If I buy additional data does it roll over?

17 REPLIES 17

@rossputin 

Ok thanks.... @AE_Collector and I were working on a theory. Hmmm....back to the drawing board.

rossputin

@darlicious not particularly.  It was over a week later.

@softech 

Do you get these messages? When you are running out of Data?

@rossputin 

Did you get the errant messages shortly after renewal?

@rossputin   I wonder what triggered these scary text... the My Account data tracking is mostly accurate.. then why these inaccurate sms?  interesting... 

rossputin

Same thing happened.

I'm not concerned as I can just check my account.  Just interesting.

@rossputin 

Add ons are one time purchases that do not expire ( except US 10 day roaming add ons). They stay on your account rolling over every 30 days until fully consumed.

Keep in mind if you get the correct usage texts from 611 at 75% and 95% of data usage these are based on your total data on your account. This would be plan data and add on data. Don't depend on pm (611) to track your usage instead use your tracker in your phone and set your data warning to 25% of plan data and your limiter to 50% of plan data..  

These are easily reset and you can detect unusual app activity or if you have disconnected from WiFi before it becomes a costly lesson. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rossputin wrote:

Thing is it's says I've used 792.435  of  3072 MB..  3 gigs is normally plenty for me.

@rossputin since you said this notification is from 611, and you are providing what is showing in your Overview TAB in red above, then yes, I would ignore that text.

Wish these Texts from PM would be more accurate though!

Nothing like causing undue panic....tisk tisk tisk

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rossputin wrote:

@Anonymous 

Yes. From 611. I'm guessing a mistake as I never use that much data.

Thank you all!

What is your data usage line sowing about your data usage on your overview page after login?

I have a 5GB data plan, my data usage line is showing that I used 273.586MB data out of my plan 5120 MB.

5GB at 3G Speed
273.586  /  5120 MB

If you do not have this line, you had used all your plan data for your current cycle.

PM server is using this line to keep track of your usage.  If you think this is wrong, you can create a support ticket for help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rossputin 

and also Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here to save your data.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rossputin 

You can always get an app to track data usage on your phone.  Otherwise, Data Add-Ons are great for the occasion you do go over... it will last a much longer time.  I'm not sure if wi-fi is a feasible option, but that can be another way of "saving" data.

rossputin

@Anonymous 

Yes. From 611. I'm guessing a mistake as I never use that much data.

Thank you all!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

yes, Data Add-on are non-expiring until they are all consumed.

so,  did you really use that much of the data or you think it was suspicious?    You can check with your phone's Mobile data if you are on Android, just change the period start date to match PM's cycle start date as phone always count monthly, which will mess up the start date if you don't manually change it.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Plan data would be used first until it has depleted then any add-on data will be used.  It remains in your account until it is used up.  Only US roaming add-ons expire 10 days after purchase.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@rossputin wrote:

Yes it does, it rolls over and never expires until you use it. At every renewal you get new allotment of default data based on your plan and data add-on stays as backup.

What your account says - how much data you really have used from default available (as per PM counter)?

Did you consider running 3rd party app to track data usage?

If you encounter significant discrepancy, I would not hesitate to contact MODs to investigate and rectify potential problem (not only on your account, but maybe on others' too).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rossputin : Did this notification come as a text from 611? If so, we have read of some spurious notifications. If the counter on your overview page shows much less then don't worry about it.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@rossputin wrote:

Your regular plan data could be at 75% used..but any add-on data is aside from that. It'll go into use if you run outta regular plan data.

Edit...add-on data does roll over until you use it up.

Need Help? Let's chat.