cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G plans

user2023
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First, why does the $50/4G plan only have 8 Gb's of data when the cheaper 4g plans have much more data? Just curious. 

I have no wi-fi so I use LTE. I can (usually) buy a 4g plan for $90 with 40 gb of data. However, if I use the 40 Gb's before the 30 days (which I always do), I have to renew my plan. However, Public Mobile won't let me renew the same plan, so I have to choose a different plan (with fewer Gb's). Why can't I renew the current plan?

8 REPLIES 8

@user2023 @It’s unlimited 100g data bucket unlimited after that throttled speed , some plans may have changed now from my original post as you know plans always changing but yes it’s unlimited all the same 

HI @user2023   I think 100GB for highspeed data, then once you hit the limit, it will go into slow data

user2023
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So is it 100gb, or is it unlimited?

🙂

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@user2023 

the $50/8gb plan is in the current list of plans because Quebec has a promo for $50/50gb(8gb+42gb)

customer support won't renew your $90 plan because it's currently grandfathered. 

are you streaming a lot with your data?

try using a lower quality of the video to maximize your data. the difference in quality from 480p to 720p is not noticeable. however, data consumption is.

Estimated data consumption per hour (YouTube):
360p 315MB
480p 562MB
720p(30fps) 1.27GB+
1080p(30fps) 2.03GB+

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@user2023 Telus has 100gb of unlimited data for $90

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@user2023   there is no more $90 plan for 40GB of data now.  They have removed all the high priced plan.  If you want to renewal early for the same plan, you can open ticket with PM support and they can renew it for you

But if you are can settle with the cheaper, but less data plan, 45 for 20GB, you can make a plan change yourself by going to My Account, Plan & Add-ons page and then click Change my plan, but once you moved away from your $90 for 40GB, you won't be able to get it back as it is no longer available.

Honest, if you pay $90 for 40GB and needs it , you should check Koodo or Telus, they have better plans and maybe some promo if you buy phone as well

So, if you need to renewal the same plan early, please open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Some plans are out of sync so still $40/15GB (if available) is still the best buy!

Pick what best suits you.

If you renew your plan ahead of actual renewal date you will be paying a little bit more just for data. But choice is yors.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@user2023 @If you can wait till your plan cycle of 30 days is up you can keep same plan , but if you want to pick a new plan before the 30 days . It needs to be the in market plan 

Need Help? Let's chat.