cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3GB Data $21/month text message

Jason4599
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

20240524_213506.jpg

I revived this text from PM earlier today.
I think its great deal but I am not certain about a few things.

1. Mentions data at 3GB but doesn't not mention text or talking.
2. Will this replace the $ 15 /month plan that I have right now or is this JUST an addon of 3GB of data (meaning I would be paying $ 15 + 21).
3. If this is a monthly plan, what happens to the add-ons that I have right now? Do I keep them or lose them?
Untitled.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

darethehair1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the info and advise on how to proceed! 🙂

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darethehair1 

At the moment Public Mobile has pulled their 90 day plans off market so you can only take advantage of the $21/3GB plan on a 30 day subscription. This may change at anytime as Public Mobile has been switching up their plan offers every few weeks and responding to other providers marketing offers quite regularily. Although often times offers are only for new activations. I suggest you check in with the community about once a week to see if anything changes.

Be forewarned that it seems as though Public Mobile wants to raise its ARMU/ARPU so the $15 plan of any kind may not be offered to current customers again...ever. Take careful consideration before changing plans however depending on your renewal date you can accept the offer of the $21/3GB plan and if you change your mind you can cancel the "change on next renewal" at anytime up until 11:59pm eastern on day 30 of your plan.

*The $5/500min Canada wide minutes add on still does the expire and continues to roll over every 30 days but unfortunately data add ons do expire after 30 days now.

funpig1

@Jason4599 You are lucky. I downgraded to $15 in hopes that I could qualify for this $21 4G 3 GB plan. So far, no promo text and no reply from CS_Agent to my request to switch. Good luck.

darethehair1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a grandfathered $15 user, very content with what I have, but the limited minutes and data occasionally make me a bit nervous.  I have been offered this new $21/3gb plan, and I note that the web site also offers me a $19/1gb plan.  Here is my question: is the $21/3gb special offer include the 90-day subscription option, which actually reduces it to $19 per month -- beating the 'regular' $19/1gb plan?

Jason4599
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yeah I know. It's a very old phone. 🙂

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jason4599 - No mean things, but the first image definitely has screen burn in. If you want your display to be top notch again, you would need a new display.

RavingRaven

@Jason4599 

As above but keep in mind the current $15 plan (w/unlimited calls/texts/no data) is not available to current customers and the $15 plan (unlimited texts/incoming calling/100 outgoing minutes/250mb of data) is now grandfathered and no longer available.

Indeed it is a good deal and only available to new activations and targeted customers (those with sub-$19 plans).

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@Jason4599 wrote:

I revived this text from PM earlier today.
I think its great deal but I am not certain about a few things.

2. Will this replace the $ 15 /month plan that I have right now or is this JUST an addon of 3GB of data (meaning I would be paying $ 15 + 21).
3. If this is a monthly plan, what happens to the add-ons that I have right now? Do I keep them or lose them?

A. All plans are unlimited talk and text.

A. This will replace your plan. You will no longer be on the $15. Your plan will now costs $21 a month moving forward and you'll get 3GB of 4G data, not 3G like you're getting now.

A. You get to keep ALL the addons. You won't lose a thing.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jason4599   If you reply yes (before May 28th) then you will be switched to this plan from your current one at your next renewal.  Yes, this plan includes unlimited calling/texting as well.

Your gifted/purchased data/min add-ons stay with your account and are not affected by plan changes.  You should also be able to keep the 150 day bonus data since you will be upgrading plans and not downgrading.

Need Help? Let's chat.