cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$39 20 GB plan only for new customers --sucks big time.

Milk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

$39 20 GB plan only for new customers --sucks big time. Trying to upgrade my plan to the 20GB promo plan but no luck. So it seems PM values new customers more than loyal long term customers. I just about had it with PM - ok did excuse for not getting the $25 over 5 months refer a friend promo because perhaps the referral was not entered properly. Also - well OK that I didn't get my free sim offer -- perhaps it was lost in the mail. NOW they won't give me a loyal long term customer the measly  $6 discount on their $45 plan. 

ALSO they continue to advertise the $2 discount for auto pay - please don't tell me that the excuse iis that they haven't gotten around to removing it yet.

PS - Also don't tell me to contact PM CS - agents - their nice but always respond with sorry to my problems.

PS again.---- Contacted CS agent again and this time all is well - it all seems to depend on the CS agents mood and willingness  to help.

24 REPLIES 24

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Milk wrote:

PS again.----COMPETITION --COMPETITIONS ---- Contacted CS agent again and this time all is well - it all seems to depend on the CS agents mood and willingness  to help.

As with many other companies @Milk 

Milk

Sorry must have clicked on reply by accident -

Milk

PS again.----COMPETITION --COMPETITIONS ---- Contacted CS agent again and this time all is well - it all seems to depend on the CS agents mood and willingness  to help.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

just came back from mall.  Fido/Virgin/Koodo/Freedom all have $39 for 20gb . and even a $50 bonus and free sim.  You really cannot compare deals for new activation and for existing customers 🙂

@hTideGnow wrote:

thanks @LitlLdy testing it out

it is always like this, deal for new activation.   Koodo and Fido offering the same thing, i think no time limit, @Milk maybe time to move provider?

@hTideGnow ,

I know Koodo Postpaid is offering it. Offer ends May 15th, 2023. I didn’t see if Prepaid is offering it.

Fido Postpaid is offering it. “Celebrate Mother’s Day with this data-loaded plan. Available after Automatic Payments Discount. At 4G LTE speeds. For new activations or hardware upgrades only.” I didn't see if Prepaid is offering it.

With Postpaid it cost extra for call forwarding & other perks. Also, roaming isn’t currently offered on some  other prepaid phone providers anymore. It all depends on what a Customer wants & can live without!

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you looking for help?

thanks @LitlLdy testing it out

it is always like this, deal for new activation.   Koodo and Fido offering the same thing, i think no time limit, @Milk maybe time to move provider?

@dust2dust wrote:

@LitlLdy- I didn't find mention of new customers like we often see. But the code can not be entered in the change plan screen. Maybe if someone tests using a Quebec number might have a different result but I doubt it. The code can be entered by anybody anywhere in the activation page. At least it gives the green checkmark.

@dust2dust , I saw that! I bet others will still try but it doesn’t work. 😉 Not that I need it but tried in case someone asks.

IMG_0009.png

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Milk , if you needed the extra data, you missed the opportunity back in December 2022.  There was a $20 discount for 15 months for the $55/20GB plan that was open to all customers.  I have it on one of my accounts that I don't mind playing rate lottery game.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@Milk- I'm going to say I think they added that bit after I looked at those details. But obviously I stand corrected. Thanks for clarifying.

@Milk wrote:

@LitlLdy wrote:

@Milk wrote:

@Milk , at the risk of me saying something stupid, sorry ahead of time. Does the plan state that it is only for new Customers or did it not allow you to add the promo code to the plan?

$6 off for 12 months with code 6OFF12MO45:

YES - it clearly states - cut and pasting ---*Offers available to new activations online until May 15, 2023 at 11:59PM ET. Plan price includes $6 credit applied monthly for 12 months.

@Milk , I’m sorry. I didn’t see that “clearly stated” on the webpages plans listed! Thats sad. I guess you didn’t see it “clearly stated” either since you posted “Trying to upgrade my plan to the 20GB promo plan but no luck.”

Edit: I see it now that I opened the selected plan & opened Offer details! 😕 Thank goodness you’re smarted than me & opened the plan then read the Offer details! I don’t know what I was thinking by just going by what the webpage of plans said! Sorry.

IMG_0006.jpeg

Milk

*Offers available to new activations online until May 15, 2023 at 11:59PM ET. Plan price includes $6 credit applied monthly for 12 months.

@dust2dust wrote:

@LitlLdy- I didn't find mention of new customers like we often see. But the code can not be entered in the change plan screen. Maybe if someone tests using a Quebec number might have a different result but I doubt it. The code can be entered by anybody anywhere in the activation page. At least it gives the green checkmark.

@dust2dust , Ok, I wondered if it could be entered on account under “Plan & Add-Ons” section in “New Promotional Code” box. Sorry 😕

Milk

@LitlLdy wrote:

@Milk wrote:

@Milk , at the risk of me saying something stupid, sorry ahead of time. Does the plan state that it is only for new Customers or did it not allow you to add the promo code to the plan?

YES - it clearly states - cut and pasting ---*Offers available to new activations online until May 15, 2023 at 11:59PM ET. Plan price includes $6 credit applied monthly for 12 months.

Milk

I do agree that most companies are geared to adding new accounts. It is  hyped up by most new marketing persons at large companies, to focus on adding accounts. Focusing on mainly adding new accounts and neglecting existing accounts is a bit short sighted. I do agree that the math shows that for every account lost possibly another is added but this is not good marketing but is costly and time consuming. I must state that for now at least Telus has continued to allow Public Mobile to try keeping happy customers by the Christmas gifts they give in the form of data and voice add ons. I see that the general public has historically always been overlooked and screwed.  Well off employees as well as middle class employees such as for example -- purchasing agents, foremen, etc are usually stroked with simple gifts like sporting event tickets, bottles, fruit baskets, lunches etc. .

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Milk wrote:

$39 20 GB plan only for new customers --sucks big time. Trying to upgrade my plan to the 20GB promo plan but no luck. So it seems PM values new customers more than loyal long term customers. I just about had it with PM - ok did excuse for not getting the $25 over 5 months refer a friend promo because perhaps the referral was not entered properly. Also - well OK that I didn't get my free sim offer -- perhaps it was lost in the mail. NOW they won't give me a loyal long term customer the measly  $6 discount on their $45 plan. 

ALSO they continue to advertise the $2 discount for auto pay - please don't tell me that the excuse iis that they haven't gotten around to removing it yet.

PS - Also don't tell me to contact PM CS - agents - their nice but always respond with sorry to my problems.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

MOST promos at any company are geared toward New customers. Look at the banks, investment companies, etc.

PM is no different; they want/need NEW customers as current customers did chose PM for particular reason and most of them are happy with their choice.

PM does provide some perks for all current customers - holiday bonuses and sometimes plan upgrades you can see only through your PM account.

Yes, web site needs some updates to avoid misleading new customers.

But to make a change, you know how it goes: change requires few meetings, business plan, approval of higher management, development, QA testing, fixing errors, another QA testing, approval of test results and finally implementation. And then fixing errors afterwards 🙂

@Milk no suggestionhere, just telling you a cruel reality in this industry and what many people doing couple times a year to combat  🙂

Put the new account sim in an old phone or get a cheap used phone somewhere or one of those rural home internet boxes.

Still sucks about the referral code. That ought to have been fixable even if the entered one was valid.

It's always useful to have spare sims around. Referrals, lost, broken, non-functioning etc.

Milk

Thanks for kind sympathy - yes I haven't switched to the point system - I"m on the $40 15 GB plan and would prefer the 20 GB plan to  HotSpot internet . I don't have a dual sim phone. And most likely part of the refer a friend code may have been confused between 0 (zero) and O. Not getting the SM is no big deal because the sim in my phone is still ok.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Promos have always been like this. And same for other providers. They want new sign ups. You can always start a new account if you want it that badly. Use it as a data account in a dual sim phone. Drop your main account down to the $15 plan if you don't have a grandfathered plan.

I hope you didn't switch to points if you're a long term customer. They give you the up to $5 for being loyal reward. Continuously, not just 6 12 months.

The $2 autopay messaging is indeed stupid. Although the only place I've heard it is in the welcome email. Do you see it mentioned anywhere else for new customers? (new customers can only get points)

Not getting the referral promo sucks. Not getting the free sim sucks. I got mine within a week.

Milk

So you suggest playing time consuming games? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Milk  you have been here long enough and you know

on the other hand, i wouldn't say it's a PM problem.  $39/20GB is a common plan this weekend for many providers.  If you look around, everyone is like that, NEW ACTIVATION only.   This industry is like that, best plans are for new activations only, not just a PM or Telus problem

with porting so easily done, you can port out to a new provider to take advantage of the $39/20GB elsewhere, then wait till PM has a better offer and come back

Need Help? Let's chat.